Central Bucks High School East
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|Central Bucks High School East|
|Type||Public Co-Ed Secondary|
|Principal||Abram M. Lucabaugh|
|Location||2804 Holicong Road,
Buckingham, Pennsylvania 18912, U.S.A.
|Colors||Red, White,and Blue|
Central Bucks High School East is one of three high schools in the Central Bucks School District. The school is located in Buckingham, Pennsylvania in Bucks County, adjunct to Holicong Middle School. Its sister schools are Central Bucks High School West and Central Bucks High School South and its feeder schools are Holicong Middle School and Tohickon Middle School. Central Bucks High School East is commonly referred to as CB East or "East."
CB East has a student population of about 1,750, making it the second largest high school in the Central Bucks School District. The school's students follow a block scheduling system in which students take 90-minute classes for one semester, or half of each school year.
The curriculum includes sixteen Advanced Placement courses and honors courses in most disciplines. Over 650 Advanced Placement tests were recently administered to CB East students, who excelled in every area. Newsweek magazine designated Central Bucks High School East as one of the best high schools in the nation. Recent graduating classes consistently score in the top five percent of all high schools in the state on the rigorous Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA). The Class of 2000 scored highest of all comprehensive high schools on both the math and reading portions of the PSSA. Central Bucks East is also a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence.
CB East has had several additions built onto it over the years, including the Boyd Wagner addition of 1974 - known as the "Open Space" to East students, and in 1997 a very large additions project that added a new wing of classrooms, a new auxiliary gym, and a new library. In 2010 the school, then over 40 years old, began what is to be a multi-million dollar addition and renovation project that would encompass the entire school and take several years to complete. The project includes the addition of a new science and technology wing with 14 science labs, several computer labs, and a large television studio. Other phases will involve the renovation and gutting of old classrooms, and reconfiguring the school's main lobby area into a more open plan. The project is expected to be completed in 2014.
CB East is most commonly known for being the set location for the hit film "Hooking Up" . All indoor scenes were filmed at the school, while the outdoor scenes were shot at CB South.
- Amnesty International
- Argestes — yearbook club
- Band - CB East's band program consists of a concert band, and select jazz band and symphonic band, all of which are full classes that meet every other day all school year, as well as an award winning Marching Band.
- CBEJA (CB East Juggling Association)
- CBTV - Creates shows to air on school and district cable channel
- CFC (Christian Fellowship Club)
- Chess Club
- Choir — the group consists of four choirs: Concert Choir, Men's Ensemble, Women's Ensemble, and Select Choir. All four ensembles received Superior Ratings at the New York City (2007) Chicago (2008), Boston (2009), and New York City (2010) Adjudication Festivals.
- Classics Society, The
- Comic Book Club
- Dance Team
- Debate Club
- The Patriot (School Newspaper)
- ELC (East Leadership Council) — meets quarterly to help bridge communication and planning between clubs
- Fantasy Football Club
- FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America)
- GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance)
- Heifer International
- Honor Council - Promotes honorable and ethical behaviors
- Honor Societies - National, French, German, Spanish
- Interact Club
- JCC (Japanese Culture Club)
- Junior State of America
- Juggling Club
- Key Club
- L.A.N. Club (Local Area Network)
- Marching Band — includes a color guard
- Mock Trial Team
- CB East Orchestra and String Ensemble
- Phantasmagoria — literary and art magazine
- Patriot Players — A drama club that is a recognized member troupe of the International Thespian Society. Patriot Players typically puts on three productions a year, in the fall, either a Children's show or drama, in the early spring, a musical, and in the late spring, a student production. In recent years Patriot Players has put on such shows as 42nd Street (2008), The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (2008), High School Musical (2009), Les Misérables (2011), and Grease (2012).
- Photography Club
- Physics Club
- Reading Olympics
- Scholar's Bowl
- Science Olympiad
- See Green — environmental club
- Ski Club
- Spirit Committee
- Student Council
- World Affairs Club
- Ultimate Frisbee Team
Central Bucks East offers the following sports teams:
- Bryan Scott, professional American football player in the National Football League (currently strong safety for the Buffalo Bills)
- Stefan Springman, television producer and host of the VH1 show Can't Get a Date
- Scott Stankavage, former NFL quarterback
- Stephen Susco, screenwriter of The Grudge and The Grudge 2
- Brianna Taylor, cast member of The Real World: Hollywood
- Justin Guarini, first runner-up in 2002 on American Idol
- Samantha Hoopes, Guess (clothing) model who also appeared in the 2014 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
- Joseph Jennelle, Pennsylvania High School Principal of the Year 2003 
- "List of Best High Schools (placed 498th)". Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "Central Bucks East". Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- Nau, Terry (January 29, 1980). "Busy Summer for Gridders". The Intelligencer. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "2003 State Principals of the Year". National Association of Secondary School Principals. Retrieved 16 September 2014.