Central College of Bangalore
Central College of Bangalore (1858) is one of the oldest colleges in science in India. This college originally affiliated to Madras University part of Mysore State. In 1964, Central College was transferred to Bangalore University a new university formed to meet the needs of the people of Bangalore.
- E P Metcalfe, Principal of Central College
- P. C. Mahalanobis
- Professor B. L. Manjunath, Professor of Chemistry, Principal of Central College Bangalore
- C. N. S. Iyengar, Founder Head of the department of mathematics, Karnataka University Dharwad
- Professor K. B. Madhava
- Professor L. Rama Rao, Former Principal and Professor of Geology.
- Professor K. Eresi, Department of Commerce.
- Professor John Guthrie Tait, teacher of famous men including C. Rajagoplachari and Navaratna Rama Rao
- Chairman Ramachandra Gowda, Department of Commerce.
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya
- H. Narasimhaiah
- C. Rajagopalachari
- Hospet Sumitra
- N. Santosh Hegde Justice
- Navaratna Rama Rao, leading administrator, author and founder of the Sericulture Department
- C N R Rao, Indian Chemist
- K. M. Koushik, Politician
- "Biodata of Justice Nitte Santosh Hegde". www.kar.nic.in. Retrieved 2009-09-07.