Central Council of Homoeopathy
|Central Council of Homoeopathy|
New Delhi - 1100 58
|President||Dr.Ramjee Singh |
|Parent organization||Ministry of Health & Family Welfare|
Central Council of Homoeopathy (CCH) is a statutory apex body under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Department_of_AYUSH. It was set up by Government of India in 1973, and part of the Professional Councils of University Grants Commission (UGC), formed to monitor higher education in India.
CCH prescribes and recognises all homeopathic medicine education in India; any university or medical institutions desiring to grant a medical qualification in homeopathy is required to apply to the Council, above all it prescribes course curriculum, evolves standards of education and maintains central registers of homoeopathy physicians.
The institution set up under the Central Council of Homoeopathy Act 1973, (Act 59). Any university or similar institution in India offering either a degree or a diploma in homoeopathy can do so only if it is approved by CCH, apart from being listed under the schedules of the above mentioned act. The CCH also defines particular course curriculum and notifies benchmarks that need to be maintained by homoeopathy teaching institutions, apart from maintaining a central registry of all homoeopathy physicians in India.
In June 2008, a notice was issued to CCH by the Punjab and Haryana High Court when Sri Guru Nanak Dev Homeopathic College, Ludhiana, India, challenged the powers of the CCH in controlling intake into the college's homeopathic courses.
In 2007, the Union Health Ministry set up the 'National Council for Clinical Establishments' for "determine minimum standards" for clinical establishments, a CCH representative is also a formal member of this National Council.
- Office Bearers
- "Professional Councils". University Grants Commission (UGC) website.
- CCH History
- "Education Plus: Homoeopathy". The Hindu. Mar 22, 2005.
- "Homoeopathy not attractive among medical aspirants". The Hindu. September 12, 2005.
- "HC notice to Health Ministry, university over cancellation of counselling". Indian Express. June 5, 2008. Retrieved 14 January 2010.
- "National council for clinical establishments". The Hindu. Apr 18, 2007. Retrieved 14 January 2010.
- Central Council of Homoeopathy, Official website
- Central Council of Homoeopathy (CCH) at University Grants Commission (UGC)