Central Information Commission
|Central Information Commission
Kendriya Suchana Aayog
केंद्रीय सूचना आयोग
|Annual budget||113 million (US$1.9 million) (2011–12)|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
|Governing body||Government of India|
|Constituting instrument||Right to Information Act, 2005|
The Central Information Commission (CIC) set up under the Right to Information Act is the authorised body, established in 2005, under the Government of India to act upon complaints from those individuals who have not been able to submit information requests to a Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer due to either the officer not having been appointed, or because the respective Central Assistant Public Information Officer or State Assistant Public Information Officer refused to receive the application for information under the RTI Act. The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the 8th Annual Convention of Central Information Commission (CIC) on 2 September 2013.
Current Chief Information Commissioners
[The post is vacant]
Current Information Commissioners
- 1. Vijai Sharma
- 2. Basant Seth
- 3. Yashovardhan Azad
- 4. Sharat Sabharwal
- 5. Manjula Prasher
- 6. M A Khan Yusufi
- 7. Prof Madabhushanam Sridhar Acharyulu
Former Chief Information Commissioners
Former Information Commissioners
- 1. M.L. Sharma
- 2. Mrs. Annapurna Dixit
- 3. Shri Shailesh Gandhi
- 4. Prof. M.M. Ansari
- 5. Mrs. Omita Paul
- 6. Dr. O.P. Kejariwal
- 7. Mrs. Padma Balasubramanian
- "CIC Annual Report 2005-06". p. 14. Archived from the original on 21 January 2011. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- "CIC Annual Report 2011-12". p. 37. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- Central Information Commission, Government of India. "Powers and functions of the information commissions". Primary source. Central Information Commission, Government of India. Retrieved 24 April 2011.