Central Missouri Mules football
|Central Missouri Mules football|
|Athletic director||Jerry Hughes|
|Head coach||Jim Svoboda
5th year, 31–15–0 (.674)
|Home stadium||Audrey J. Walton Stadium|
|Field||Vernon Kennedy Field|
|League||NCAA Division II|
|All-time record||529–507–52 (.510)|
|Postseason bowl record||1–2–0 (.333)|
Cardinal and Black
|Fight song||Go Mules!|
|Mascot||Mo the Mule|
|Marching band||Marching Mules|
The Central Missouri Mules football program represents the University of Central Missouri in college football and competes in the Division II level (D-II) of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). In 1912, Central Missouri was a charter member of the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA), and has remained in the league. UCM's home games are played at Audrey J. Walton Stadium in Warrensburg, Missouri.
Central Missouri's football program dates back to 1894, and has won eight conference championships, and appeared in the NCAA Division II playoffs twice in 2002, and 2010. Entering the 2014 season, Central Missouri's all-time record was 512–507–52.
The team is currently coached by Jim Svoboda, who has 31 wins as of January 3, 2014.
- 1912–present: Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association
- Conference championships (8)
|Year||Conference||Coach||Overall Record||Conference Record|
|1926||Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Association||Theodore C. Reid||7–0–1||4-0|
|1956†||Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Association||Lew Corner||7–2||4–1|
|1970†||Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Association||Howard Mahanes||9-2||5–1|
|1983†||Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Association||Terry Noland||6–5||4-1|
|1986||Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Association||Terry Noland||8–3||5–0|
|1987†||Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Association||Terry Noland||7–3–1||5–0–1|
|1988†||Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Association||Terry Noland||6–5||5–1|
|2003†||Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association||Willie Fritz||9–2||7–2|
|Total Conference Championships:||8|
|† Denotes co-champions|
The Mules have played their home games at Audrey J. Walton Stadium since 1928. The current capacity of the stadium is at 10,000.
Alumni in professional football
- Jeff Wright - DT - Drafted by the Buffalo Bills in round 8 of the 1988 NFL Draft. Played through 1994 and started at nose tackle in four Super Bowls.
- Colston Weatherington - DE - Drafted in the seventh round of the 2001 NFL Draft by the Dallas Cowboys. He was released by the Cowboys in 2003, but signed as a free agent with the Dallas Desperados of the Arena Football League. He was named Defensive Lineman of the Year for the AFL in 2006 and in 2008.
- Toby Korrodi - QB - Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Arizona Cardinals immediately after the 2007 NFL Draft. Currently a free agent after being released in August 2007.
- Roderick Green - OLB - Selected by the Baltimore Ravens in the fifth round of the 2004 NFL Draft, the highest any UCM football player has ever been drafted. Green played with the San Francisco 49ers in 2006, where he had 4.5 sacks as a pass-rush specialist.
- Delanie Walker - TE - Selected as the sixth pick of the sixth round in the 2006 NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers.
- Todd Devoe - WR - Signed onto the Baltimore Ravens practice squad in 2003. Also spent time on the practice squads of the Tennessee Titans and Miami Dolphins. In 2005, he signed with the Denver Broncos and had nine catches, including one touchdown.
- NCAA.com, ed. (2013). "Championships" (PDF). 2013 Division II Football Records Book. NCAA. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- DeLassus, David (2014). "Central Missouri Composite Championship Listing". College Football Data Warehouse. Retrieved 2014-06-27.