Central Mountain Air
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2010)|
|Operating bases||Calgary International Airport
Vancouver International Airport
Prince George Airport
|Headquarters||Smithers, British Columbia|
Central Mountain Air Ltd. is a Canadian regional airline based in Smithers, British Columbia. It operates scheduled and charter services and transborder services. Its main base is Smithers Airport, with other bases at Calgary International Airport, Vancouver International Airport and Prince George Airport.
The airline was established and started operations in 1987; it is wholly owned by 580741 BC. In 1997 Central Mountain Air placed an order for additional Raytheon Beech 1900D Airliner aircraft and began operating as an Air Canada connector, replacing Air BC operating several routes within Alberta and British Columbia, latterly under the Air Canada Express banner. In October 2011, Central Mountain Air ceased a Capacity Purchase Agreement (CPA) with Air Canada. The agreement was for flights from Calgary to Lethbridge, Medicine Hat and Cranbrook, flights are now being operated by Air Georgian. Central Mountain Air continues to be an Air Canada Code Share partner.
In late 2005 the first of two Dornier 328 were delivered to the airline, for use on chartered and scheduled flights. In March 2010, 580741 BC, the parent company of Central Mountain Air, purchased fellow British Columbia-based airline Hawkair.
Central Mountain Air operates services to the following domestic scheduled destinations (as of January 2010):
- British Columbia
|Dornier 328-100||3||30||3055, 3094, 3096|
|Bombardier Dash 8 - 300||2||50||315, 256|
|Beechcraft 1900D||14||18||UE-76, UE243, UE271, UE272, UE276, UE277, UE278, UE281,
UE283, UE285, UE287, UE289, UE346, UE351
- "Contact Us." Central Mountain Air. Retrieved on December 26, 2010. "Central Mountain Air Ltd. Box 998 6431 Airport Road Smithers, BC V0J 2N0"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 63.
- Terrace Standard: Central Mountain buys Hawkair 16 March 2010
- Central Mountain Air: Route map Retrieved on 15 January 2010
- Central Mountain Air: Fleet Retrieved on 20 September 2010
- Transport Canada: Canadian Civil Aircraft Register Retrieved on 15 November 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Central Mountain Air.|
- Official website
- FlightSource.ca photos of CMA Aircraft
- Smithers Chamber of Commerce / Central Mountain Air