Central Penn Business Journal
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (September 2010)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
The July 31, 2009 front page of
Central Penn Business Journal
|Headquarters||1500 Paxton Street
The Central Penn Business Journal is a business newspaper headquartered in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The print publication is circulated on a weekly basis and covers five counties in central Pennsylvania: Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, and York.
The Business Journal staff reporters:
- Joe Deinlein, who covers York County, energy and environment, agribusiness and workforce issues.
- John Hilton, who covers Cumberland County, manufacturing, distribution, transportation and logistics.
- Michael Sadowski, who covers Lebanon County, banking and finance, law and technology.
- Jason Scott, who covers Dauphin County, state government, real estate, construction, media and marketing.
- Heather Stauffer, who covers Lancaster County, health care, nonprofits and education.
Awards and recognition
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (September 2010)|
In 2013, the Business Journal was recognized for the following:
- Professional Keystone Awards (Pennsylvania Newspaper Association), Division VI 
- Sweepstakes Award: CPBJ Staff (This marks the fifth year in a row the Central Penn Business Journal claimed this distinction.)
- 1st: Video Storytelling: Amy Spangler
- 1st: Graphic/Photo Illustration: Kathryn Morton and Amy Spangler
- 1st: Front Page Design: Kathryn Morton
- 1st: Niche Publication: CPBJ staff for Construction and Real Estate
- 1st: News Beat Reporting: Jim T. Ryan, technology
- 1st: Online Special Project: Hope Stephan and staff for Health Care Reform Resource Center
- 2nd: Distinguished Writing – Weekly: Heather Stauffer
- 2nd: Series: Jason Scott for Pensions
- 2nd: Graphic/Photo Illustration: Kathryn Morton and Amy Spangler
- 2nd: Niche Publication: CPBJ staff for Currents
- 2nd: Special Projects: Brent Burkey, Liquid Assets
- Honorable Mention: Editorial: Hope Stephan
- Honorable Mention: Ongoing News: Jim T. Ryan
- Honorable Mention: Page Design: Kathryn Morton
- SPJ Spotlight Awards (Society of Professional Journalists) 
- 1st: Photo Story: Amy Spangler, Heather Stauffer
- 1st: Sports Reporting: Brent Burkey
- 1st: Editorial Writing: Hope Stephan
- 1st: Environmental Reporting: Tim Stuhldreher
- 1st: Web Use: Hope Stephan and staff for Health Care Reform Resource Center
- 2nd: Tabloid Page Design: Kathryn Morton
- 2nd: Sports Reporting: Jason Scott
- 2nd: Enterprise Reporting: Jason Scott
- 2nd: Headline Writing: Kathryn Morton
- 2nd: Business and Labor Reporting: Tim Stuhldreher
- 2nd: Sports Photography: Amy Spangler
- 2nd: Health and Medical Reporting: Heather Stauffer
- 3rd: Tabloid Design: Kathryn Morton, Amy Spangler
- 3rd: Feature Story: Jim T. Ryan
- 3rd: Feature Photography: Amy Spangler
- 3rd: Environmental Reporting: Brent Burkey
- "Central Penn Business Journal profile". The Alliance of Area Business Publications. 2005. Retrieved February 12, 2007.