Central Township, Bond County, Illinois
Location in Bond County
Bond County's location in Illinois
|Settlement||November 6, 1888|
|• Total||37.17 sq mi (96.3 km2)|
|• Land||37.14 sq mi (96.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.11%|
|Elevation||568 ft (173 m)|
|• Density||215.8/sq mi (83.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62246, 62275, 62284|
|GNIS feature ID||0428780|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.17 square miles (96.3 km2), of which 37.14 square miles (96.2 km2) (or 99.92%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.11%) is water.
- Greenville (the county seat) (west three-quarters)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these nine cemeteries: Hazel Dell, Hazel Dell, Montrose, Mount Auburn, Mount Gilead, Mount Moriah, Old City, Saint Lawrence Catholic and Smith Grove.
Airports and landing strips
- Edw A Utlaut Memorial Heliport
- Greenville Airport
- Greenville Lake
- Greenville Correctional Institution
- Bond County Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 102
- State Senate District 51
- "Central Township, Bond County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Shoal Creek Township||Lagrange Township||Mulberry Grove Township|
|Old Ripley Township||Pleasant Mound Township|
|Burgess Township||Mills Township||Tamalco Township|