Central University of Kashmir
|Central University of Kashmir कश्मीर केन्द्रीय विश्वविद्यालय|
|Motto||Knowledge is Power|
|Chancellor||Dr. Srikumar Banerjee|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Mehraj Uddin Mir (Officiating)|
|Location||Ganderbal, Jammu and Kashmir,, India
The Central University of Kashmir formerly the Central University of Jammu and Kashmir, is a university proposed to be settled at Ganderbal district of Jammu and Kashmir and presently functioning from transit campuses at Srinagar district of Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is one of the 13 newly established central universities in different states of India by the Central Universities Act, 2009. It currently offers the five-year integrated BALLB programme (at present, the only undergraduate programme in this University) and few postgraduate programmes such as MA, MSc, MBA, MTM & LLM. At present, the available disciplines are Business Administration, Convergent Journalism, Economics, Education, English Language & Literature, Information Technology, Law, Mathematics, Politics, Tourism Management and Urdu Language & Literature. The research programmes like Integrated MPhil/PhD in Education, Management Studies & Tourism Management and PhD in Law have also been started. Professor Abdul Wahid Qureshi was the first Vice Chancellor of the University. And renowned nuclear scientist Srikumar Banerjee has been appointed as the first chancellor of the University.
The University has established so far the following schools of study:-
- School of Business Studies
- School of Education
- School of Engineering & Technology
- School of Languages
- School of Legal Studies
- School of Media Studies
- School of Physical & Chemical Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
The University also plans to establish the following schools of study in a phased manner:-
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Undergraduate Studies
- "Welcome To The Official Website | Central University of Kashmir". cukashmir.ac.in. Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- "J & K : Education Profile". Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Postgraduate - Current Programs". Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Admission notice". Retrieved 24 April 2014.
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|