Central Yearly Meeting of Friends
|Central Yearly Meeting of Friends|
Central Yearly Meeting of Friends is a yearly meeting of Friends churches located in Indiana, North Carolina, Arkansas and Ohio. Central Yearly Meeting of Friends is part of the Conservative Holiness Movement, and subscribes to the Orthodox branch of Quakerism. It is an independent yearly meeting, not affiliated with any broader Quaker associations.
Central Yearly Meeting of Friends was founded in 1926 by a several meetings in eastern Indiana which were concerned that other yearly meetings of the Religious Society of Friends were trending towards liberalism in theology and practice.
An annual camp meeting is held near Muncie, Indiana every August.
- Central Yearly Meeting of Friends (Official Website)
- Friends Evangel: - Official publication of Central Yearly Meeting of Friends
- Our Daily Bread: - Daily Bible Study Devotional Guide by Radio Bible Class Ministries
- "Central Yearly Meeting of Friends". Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- Abbott, Margery Post (2012). Historical Dictionary of Friends (Quakers). Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press. p. 79.
|This Christianity-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Quaker-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|