Central and Western District Council
|Central and Western District Council|
David Yip Wing-shing
|First past the post|
|6 November 2011|
|Harbour Building, Central|
Central and Western District Council is the district council for the Central and Western District in Hong Kong. It is one of 18 district council. Central and Western District currently consists of 18 members, of which the district is divided into 15 constituencies, electing a total of 15 with 3 members appointed by the Chief Executive. The latest election was held in 2011.
Elections are held every four years.
|Political party||Council members||Current members|
Since 1982 political control of the council has been held by the following parties:
|Camp in control||Largest party||Years|
|No Overall Control||Civic Association||1982 - 1985|
|No Overall Control||People's Association||1985 - 1988|
|No Overall Control||Hong Kong Affairs Society||1988 - 1991|
|No Overall Control||United Democrats||1991 - 1994|
|Pro-democracy||Democratic||1994 - 1997|
|Pro-Beijing||Democratic||1997 - 1999|
|Pro-Beijing||Democratic||2000 - 2003|
|Pro-democracy||Democratic||2004 - 2007|
|Pro-Beijing||Democratic||2008 - 2011|
|Pro-Beijing||DAB||2012 - present|
|A01||Chung Wan||HUI Chi Fung||Democratic|
|A02||Mid Levels East||CHEUNG Yick-hung, Jackie||Independent|
|A03||Castle Road||CHENG Lai-king||Democratic|
|A04||Peak||CHAN Ho Lim Joseph||Liberal|
|A05||University||CHAN Chit-kwai, Stephen||Independent|
|A06||Kennedy Town & Mount Davis||CHAN Hok-fung||DAB|
|A07||Kwun Lung||IP Kwok-him||DAB|
|A08||Sai Wan||CHEUNG Kwok Kwan||DAB|
|A09||Belcher||LAM Wai Wing Malcolm||Independent|
|A10||Shek Tong Tsui||CHAN Choi-hi|
|A11||Sai Ying Pun||LO Yee-hang||DAB|
|A12||Sheung Wan||KAM Nai-wai||Democratic|
|A13||Tung Wah||SIU Ka Yi, Kathy||DAB|
|A14||Centre Street||LEE Chi-hang, Sidney||Independent|
|A15||Water Street||WONG Kin-shing, Nelson||Democratic|
|Appointed Members||YIP Wing-shing|
|NG Siu-keung, Thomas|
List of chairmen
Since 1985, the chairman is elected by all the members of the board:
|Chairman||Political affiliation||Constituency||Took office||Left office||Notes|
|Vincent Ko Hon-chiu||People's Association||Kennedy Town W & Mount Davis||1985||1988|||
|Ambrose Lau Hon-chuen||Nonpartisan (1988-90)
Progressive Alliance (1994)
|Yuen Bun-keung||Democratic||Chung Wan||1994||1997|||
|Chan Chit-kwai||Independent||University||4 July 1997||1 January 2000|||
|Wu Chor-nam||Independent||Appointed||1 January 2000||1 January 2004|||
|Chan Tak-chor[a]||Liberal (2004-08)
|Sai Wan||1 January 2004||6 November 2011|||
|Yip Wing-shing||Independent||Appointed||6 January 2012||Incumbent|||
- Growing with Hong Kong: The University and Its Graduates-The First 90 Years. Hong Kong University Press. p. 276.
- "Legislative Council Report 2002-03". Legislative Council of Hong Kong.
- "Biography of Yuen Bun-keung". Democratic Party. 1999. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Daily Information Bulletin". Government Information Services. 4 July 1997. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "HKSAR Central & Western District Council". webb-site.com. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "中西區區議員甘乃威辭去區議會主席以釋疑慮". Democratic Party. 9 January 2004. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Member Details of Central and Western District Council". Central and Western District Council. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Central & Western District Council Members (2008 - 2011)". Central and Western District Council. Retrieved 14 March 2013.