|Industry||Venture capital, Internet|
Martin Saidler successfully founded, developed and sold numerous companies. At the end of the 1980s he started a student’s travel agency, a forwarding company and a consulting firm. In 1997 he launched the online job portal Jobinteractive.com and developed it into one of the leading job portals in Germany.
In 1999 he sold the jobportal to the Beisheim Holding (owner of the world’s largest retailer, Metro Group and mother company of the Scout24 Group) and became a member of the management of Beisheim Holding AG. Jobinteractive.com and another German jobportal became JobScout24, which was one of the five pillars of Scout24 (immobilienscout24, autoscout24, jobscout24, friendscout24, …).
In 1999 Martin Saidler founded the venture capital firm Centralway AG based in Zug. He developed Centralway to become one of the largest internet groups in Central Eastern Europe with more than 30 millions costumers. With the reorganization of Centralway into a company builder, he now strives to build an international internet firm with headquarters in Switzerland.
Investments and exits
Since 1999, Centralway has invested in over 200 companies in 20 countries.
Centralway invested in Buttercoin, Lending Club, Standard Treasury, Secure Safe  BrainsToVentures, Sandbox Network, INVIA, H1.cz, Anima Publishers, Proseller AG, Hypermedia, Jyxo, Preisinsel.ch, Blog.cz, Auto.cz, Autovia, C-Crowd and many others.
Structure and function
The Company Builder is an operational unit within Centralway Group and consists of over 100 experts, people with significant experience in areas including software engineering, interaction design, SEO, SEM,[disambiguation needed] HR, marketing, sales and finance. Centralway also institutionalized all processes and shared services (including accounting, finance and HR) needed to successfully build and scale online ventures.
- Buttercoin Website
- Lending Club Website
- Standard Treasury Website
- Secure Safe Website
- Internetszene Schweiz: Startup!, March 8, 2012
- Sandbox expands its participation in Sandbox AG, June 2012
- Tamedia is participating in the online market specialists Proseller, news about Centralway, Netzwocne, September 9, 2009
- Global Technology Forum article about Centralway acquisitions, including that of Jyxo, January 11, 2007
- Jelmoli: Mehrheitsbeteiligung an www.preisinsel.ch und www.netto24.ch, July 24, 2006
- Meet a serial investor entrepreneur from Zurich, March 9, 2012