Centre Daily Times
|Owner(s)||The McClatchy Company|
|Founded||1898 (as The Weekly Times)|
|Headquarters||3400 East College Avenue
State College, PA 16801-7528
|Circulation||23,959 Monday - Thursday
The Centre Daily Times is a daily newspaper located in State College, Pennsylvania in the United States. It is the hometown newspaper for the Pennsylvania State University, one of the most well-known and largest universities in the country with more than 40,000 students attending the main campus.
The Weekly Times was founded in 1898 and was later renamed The State College Times. In 1934, the paper became a daily, the Centre Daily Times. It was purchased by Knight Ridder in 1979. A Saturday morning edition was added in 1980, and a Sunday edition was launched in 1982. The Centre Daily Times became a morning paper in 1986. The McClatchy Company purchased Knight Ridder in June 2006, thereby acquiring the Centre Daily Times.
Home delivery is available to all of Centre County and parts of Blair, Clearfield, Clinton, Huntingdon and Mifflin counties. In addition, single copy sales reach several more counties, especially during college football season.
- 2011 Keystone's Sweepstakes winner as the top newspaper in its circulation division in Pennsylvania for 14 consecutive years. Won nine individual awards.
- Named to annual list of 10 newspapers to watch by Editor & Publisher.
- "The McClatchy Company Newspapers: Centre Daily Times". The McClatchy Company. Retrieved 2006-11-01.
- CentreDaily.com official site
- Electronic E-Edition
- Official mobile website
- The McClatchy Company's subsidiary profile of the Centre Daily Times
|This article about a Pennsylvania newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|