Centre de Recerca Matemàtica
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2009)|
The Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (CRM) (Catalan pronunciation: [ˈsentɾə ðə rəˈsɛrkə mətəˈmatikə]) is a consortium, with its own legal status, integrated by the Institut d'Estudis Catalans (IEC) and the Catalan Government. It is a research institute associated with the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. The CRM is in essence a horizontal infrastructure that gives support to mathematical research groups and encourages the pursuit of emerging lines of research.
The current director of the CRM is Joaquim Bruna. The CRM is a member of ERCOM (European Research Centres in Mathematics). Through its postdoctoral programme, the institute is also part of EPDI (European Postdoctoral Institute).
The CRM has the following goals:
- To carry out research programmes on high-level topics.
- To attract the best post-doctoral fellows by way of competitive programmes of various administrations and agencies.
- To consolidate mechanisms for an efficient service to mathematicians.
- To take further steps towards becoming as competitive as the best European research centres and those of other scientifically developed countries of similar characteristics.
- CRM website http://www.crm.cat
- Álvaro Corral website http://www.crm.cat/acorral
- Tim Myers website http://www.crm.cat/tmyers
- ERCOM website http://www.ercom.org