Centre for European Policy Studies
The Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) is a think tank based in Brussels, Belgium that undertakes research "leading to solutions to the challenges facing Europe today". It was established in 1983.
The think tank receives its funding from EU institutions, national governments, charitable foundations, private organisations, publication sales, events and membership fees. CEPS employs a mixture of permanent staff, research fellows based at other institutions such as universities, and stagiaires. The Centre's director is Daniel Gros, a German economist.
It was established in 1983 as the first think tank dealing primarily with the issues related to the European integration. Its first director was Peter Ludlow. Currently, CEPS director is Daniel Gros and Karel Lannoo is CEPS' CEO.
CEPS Board of Directors
- H. Onno Ruding, Chairman of the CEPS Board of Directors, Former Minister of Finance of the Netherlands, Former Member of the de Larosière Committee on Financial Supervision
- Ferdinando Beccalli-Falco, President and CEO, GE International
- John Bruton, Former Prime Minister of Ireland, Former Ambassador of the EU to the US
- Erik Belfrage, Senior Vice-President, SEB
- Hans Skov Christensen, Director General, Dansk Industri
- Viscount Étienne Davignon, Vice-Chairman, Suez-Tractebel, Former European Commissioner
- Baron Philippe de Schoutheete de Tervarent, Professor, Institut d’Etudes Européenes, UCL, Former Belgian Ambassador to the EU
- Lord Simon of Highbury, Member of the House of Lords
- Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein
- Stefano Micossi, Director General, Assonime
- Jean-Dominique Percevault, President-Directeur Général, Services Petrolier Schlumberger
- Pedro Schwartz, President, IDELCO
- Josef Tosovsky, Chairman, Financial Stability Forum
- Norbert Wieczorek, Former Leader of the SPD Fraktion, German Parliament
- Daniel Gros (ex officio), Director, CEPS
- Karel Lannoo (ex officio), Chief Executive, CEPS
CEPS Senior Research Staff
- Karel Lannoo, CEO and Senior Research Fellow
- Daniel Gros, Director
- Rym Ayadi, Senior Research Fellow
- Miroslav Beblavy, Associate Senior Research Fellow
- Sergio Carrera, Senior Research Fellow
- Paul De Grauwe, Associate Senior Research Fellow
- Christian Egenhofer, Senior Research Fellow
- Michael Emerson, Associate Senior Research Fellow
- Elspeth Guild, Associate Senior Research Fellow
- Jørgen Mortensen, Associate Senior Research Fellow
- Jacques Pelkmans, Senior Research Fellow
- Andrea Renda, Senior Research Fellow
- Johan F.M. Swinnen, Associate Senior Research Fellow
CEPS has research programmes on:
- economic and social welfare policies;
- energy, climate change and sustainable development
- European Union neighbourhood, foreign and security policy
- financial markets and institutions
- justice and home affairs
- politics and European institutions
- regulatory policy; and trade developments and agricultural policy
CEPS is also involved in a number of research networks, namely:
- Changing Landscape of Security & Liberty (CHALLENGE)
- European Capital Markets Institute (ECMI)
- European Climate Platform (ECP)
- European Credit Research Institute (ECRI)
- European Network for Better Regulation (ENBR)
- European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes (ENEPRI)
- European Policy Institutes Network (EPIN)
- European Security Forum (ESF)
- "About CEPS". Centre for European Policy Studies. 2008-02-29. Archived from the original on 2008-02-21. Retrieved 2008-03-08.
- "CEPS staff: Daniel Gros". Centre for European Policy Studies. Archived from the original on 14 October 2007. Retrieved 8 March 2008.
- "Bio". Daniel Gros. Retrieved 8 March 2008.
- "European think tanks and the EU" (PDF). Berlaymont paper (2). September 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2013.