Centre for Sight
|Services||Laser eye surgery, lens implants,|
Centre for Sight is a London-based medical and surgical eye-care specialist with locations in Sussex, Surrey and London. Centre for Sight was founded by Dr Sheraz Daya, a British ophthalmologist and eye surgeon. The surgery is best known for its pioneering work in the use of stem cell therapy research during sight recovery surgery. Centre for Sight received considerable media attention in 2010 when surgeons restored a man's vision following 10 years of blindness and again in 2012 when a femtosecond laser was used to perform cataract surgery for the first time, in front of a live audience in East Grinsted. One of the company's most well-known clients is Katie Piper, the sulphuric acid attack victim turned television personality.
Centre for Sight formed the Centre for Sight Trust to progress eye care in developing countries. The Trust was established in the UK by Centre for Sight directors Sheraz Daya and Marcela Espinosa. Using UK derived donations and charitable contributions one of the objectives is to develop eye care in developing countries as well as promotion of eye research in the UK.
- The Time is Now - How adopting laser-assisted cataract surgery led to a new method of mobailizing and fragmenting the lens, at Centre for Sight.
- Bausch+Lomb has showcased its Victus Femtosecond Laser during a live cataract surgery demonstration.
- Bausch + Lomb Storz Introduces Suite of Instruments Specifically Developed for Femtosecond Cataract Procedures.
- The Science and Art of Corneal Crosslinking.
- A Swiss-Army Laser For Femto Cataract.
- New Options in Multifocal IOLs.
- "The Centre for Sight, by Emma White". opticianonline.net. Retrieved 2 February 2007.
- "I Lived To See My Miracle". telegraph.co.uk (London). 29 April 2005. Retrieved 29 April 2005.
- Halle, Martyn. "Stem Cells Let Blind See". dailymail.co.uk (London). Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Man Blinded 10 Years Ago Can See Again". Sky News. 2010. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- "Pioneering Centre for Sight is a sight for sore eyes See". East Grinstead Courier. 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- "Acid attack model Katie Piper gets sight back". BBC News. 7 February 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Katie Piper, Acid Attack Model, Gets Eyesight Back With Stem Cell Treatment". Huffington Post. 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Centre for Sight Limited - Care Quality Commission". Care Quality Commission. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Sheraz M. Daya MD FACP FACS FRCS(Ed) FRCOphth, Medical Director, Centre for Sight". Centre for Sight. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Centre for Sight Trust". cduedil.com. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Centre for Sight Trust". centreforsight.com. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "How adopting laser-assisted cataract surgery led to a new method of mobailizing and fragmenting the lens". BMC Today. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- "Bausch+Lomb has showcased its Victus Femtosecond Laser during a live cataract surgery demonstration". Optician Online. 10 May 2013.
- "Bausch + Lomb Storz Introduces Suite of Instruments Specifically Developed for Femtosecond Cataract Procedures". Eyewire Today. 4 March 2013.
- "The Science and Art of Corneal Crosslinking". Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today. 1 March 2013.
- "A Swiss-Army Laser For Femto Cataract". Review of Ophthalmology. 9 June 2012.
- "New Options in Multifocal IOLs". Eyes on Europe. 3 April 2012.