Energy Company of Ukraine
|This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (January 2012)|
|Native name||НАК «Енергетична компанія України»|
|Net income||UAH 265 million (2007)|
|Total equity||US$1.225 billion (UAH 9.8 billion)|
|Owner(s)||State of Ukraine|
|Divisions||more than 20 energy companies|
Along with other state companies like Energoatom and Ukrenerho, Energy Company of Ukraine has produced electricity for Ukraine and abroad. Until 2010, the company had total installed power generation capacities of 29,6697 MW which corresponded to 56% of installed capacity of Ukrainian power stations.
Energy Company of Ukraine has operated thermal power stations through at least six regional subsidiaries such as Dniproenergo, Zakhidenergo, Centrenergo, Kievenergo, Skhidenergo; and hydro power stations through Ukrhydroenerho; energy supplying companies also exist in each oblast such as Dniprooblenerho, Vinnytsiaoblenerho and others. A smaller state company "Ukrinterenergo", established in January 1993, operates only one plant named Kaluska CHP. Unlike most of Ukraine it is part of the IPS/UPS transmission grid, so Ukrinterenergo created a power generating island named "Burshtyn Island" that is synchronized with the ENTSO-E transmission grid. The island includes some companies of the Zakhidenergo.[further explanation needed]
Private take over
Since 2010, the Donets basin company DTEK has taken ownership of several government power companies, primarily thermal power stations, previously owned by the Energy Company of Ukraine.
In 2013 a new company that appeared from out of nowhere, the Energoinvest Holding B.V. registered in the Netherlands managed to acquire Donbasenergo two months after its establishment. Up until August 8, 2013 the Dutch offshore company Energoinvest Holding Joint-stock company was owned by Ukrainian coal mining company “Krasnolimansk” LLC whose owner is Igor Gumenuk. Gumenuk is a known business partner of former President Victor Yanukovich and previously Rinat Akhmetov. Energoinvest Holding BV has been owned since August 2013 at 100% by British Whitebridge Resources Limited, established 2003. The latter has been well known as the largest importer of Ukrainian metal in the UK exporting it to European businesses. Whitebridge Resources Limited has been used by members of Ukrainian establishment and donors of Party of Regions not only for exports to offshore companies at lowered prices, but also to import raw materials and equipment to Ukraine by specially inflated prices". It has been described as a tax-free enterprise, that may be used for money laundering derived from Ukrainian exports and imports.
Energoinvest also owns a mine Krasnolymanska.
List of subsidiaries and percentage of ownership by Energy Company of Ukraine
- Ukrhydroenerho - 100.0%
- Dniester Pumped Storage Power Station - 87.4%
Thermal power generation
Many companies are co-owned along with a privately owned DTEK company.
- Centrenerho - 78.3%
- Vuhlehirsk TES
- Zmiiv TES
- Trypillya TES
- Remenergo, maintenance company
- Zakhidenerho - 70.1%
- Burshtyn TES
- Dobrotvir TES
- Ladyzhyn TES
- Dniproenerho - 50.0%+1
- Transdnipro TES
- Kryvyi Rih TES
- Zaporizhia TES
- supporting companies
- Kyivenergo - 25%
- Thermal cogenerating power station 5
- Thermal cogenerating power station 6
- DTEK Skhidenergo - 0%
- Donbasenerho - 25%+1 (Enerhoinvest Holding owns 60.77%)
- Starobeshiv TES
- Slovyansk TES
- Shteriv TES (former station redesigned into maintenance division of Donbasenerho)
Other thermal power generation
- Ukrhazovydobuvannia (Naftogaz Ukrainy)
- Lokachi TES
Some power distributing companies have capabilities of power generation such as Zakarpattiaoblenerho.
- Vinnytsiaoblenerho - 75.0%
- Volynoblenerho - 75.0%
- Zakarpattiaoblenerho - 75.0%
- Tereblya-Rikska HES
- Onokivska HES
- Uzhhorod HES
- Dniprooblenerho - 75.0%
- Khmelnytskoblenerho - 70.1%
- Krymenergo - 70.0%
- Mykolaivoblenergo - 70.0%
- Chernivtsioblenergo - 70.0%
- Donetskoblenergo - 65.1%
- Kharkivoblenergo - 65.0%
- Zaporizhiaoblenergo - 60.3%
- Luhanskoblenergo - 60.1%
- Ternopiloblenergo - 51.0%
- Cherkasyoblenergo - 46.0%
- Human resources
- Ukrinterenergo official website.
- "Владельцем "Донбассэнерго" стал холдинг донецкого "регионала"" (in Russian). Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Donbasenergo was sold to the company of a former PR parliamentarian". BBC Ukrainian. August 21, 2013.
- "Энергоинвест Холдинг" привлек у "Украинских проектных инвестиций" кредит 650 млн грн.
- ""Донбассэнерго" готовится к изменениям".
- Savitsky, Oleg (24 January 2014). "Yanukovich regime earns billions on illegal coal mining". 350.org. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- АМКУ разрешил "Энергоинвест Холдингу" приобрести "Донбассэнерго".
- (Ukrainian) List of subsidiaries that are part of the Energy Company of Ukraine (official website)
- Official website
- Zanuda, A. Azarov posts power companies for sale (Азаров виставляє енергокомпанії на продаж). BBC Ukrainian. April 14, 2011.