Centro Universitário das Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas
|This article is a rough translation from Portuguese. It may have been generated by a computer or by a translator without dual proficiency.
If you have just labeled this page as needing attention, please add
to the bottom of the WP:PNTCU section on Wikipedia:Pages needing translation into English.
|Centro Universitário das Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas|
Centro Universitário das Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas ('United Metropolitan Universities) also known as FMU is a private university in the State of São Paulo in Brazil. FMU is one of the largest universities in the city of São Paulo in the state of São Paulo. The law course is the city's most prestigious educational institution. According to reports by the Ministry of Education, most of the successful lawyers graduated from FMU, including Luiz Flávio Borges D’Urso, former president of the Order of Attorneys of Brazil.
The Complexo Educacional FMU was created in 1968 and the first enrollment process occurred in the same year, as many students enrolled with FMU to prepare for the labor market. This was the beginning of an important expansion of Brazilian Higher Education and the FMU was created to respond to this demand. Since then, many students have graduated from FMU, received a solid training to become good professionals in different sectors of the economy.
The FMU launched its first enrollment with four courses: Law, Economics, Business, Accountancy, Education, and Social Services. In 1975 FMU merged with the University of Philosophy, Science and Linguistics Santa Rita de Cássia, and started to offer Psychology, Pedagogy and Linguistics courses. In 1976, with the addition of the Faculdade de Educação e Ciências Nova Piratininga, the Math course was added to the list of available courses.
- Campus Centro - Music Faculty.
- Campus Itaim Bibi - Economics, Accountancy, Business and Law Faculties.
- Campus Liberdade - Visual Arts, Law, International Relations and Engineering Faculties.
- Campus Morumbi - Social Communication, Journalism, Publicity, Radio and Television Faculties.
- Campus Ponte Estaiada HOVET - Hospital Veterinário - Veterinary Medicine Faculty.
- Campus Santo Amaro
- Campus Vergueiro
- Campus Vila Mariana
- Campus Vila Mariana II
- Campus Brigadeiro/Liberdade - Technology courses.
- Mais, Estudo. "FMU Law course is the highest rank, by the Ministry of Education". Mais Estudo. Retrieved 30 October 2010.