Centro Universitário das Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas
|This article is a rough translation from Portuguese. It may have been generated by a computer or by a translator without dual proficiency.
If you have just labeled this page as needing attention, please add
to the bottom of the WP:PNTCU section on Wikipedia:Pages needing translation into English.
|Centro Universitário das Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas|
Centro Universitário das Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas ('United Metropolitan Universities) also known as FMU is a private university in the State of São Paulo in Brazil. FMU is one of the largest universities in the city of São Paulo. The law course it provides is amongst some of the most prestigious and would cite recent reports from the Ministrey of education that the top lawyers are mostly ex-students of said courseincluding Luiz Flávio Borges D’Urso, former president of the Order of Attorneys of Brazil.
The university itself is often regarded the best in the city.
The Complexo Educacional FMU was created in 1968 and the first enrollment process occurred in the same year, many students enrolling with FMU in preparation for the labor market. This was the beginning of an important expansion of Brazilian Higher Education and the FMU was created to respond to this demand. Since then, many students have graduated from FMU, with their solid training courses, FMUis known for cultivating some of its best professionals into its econonomy.
The FMU launched its first enrollment with six courses: Law, Economics, Business, Accountancy, Education, and Social Services. and in 1975 merged with the University of Philosophy, Science and Linguistics Santa Rita de Cássia, which lead to the introduction of 3 more courses:Psychology, Pedagogy and Linguistics courses. In 1976, with the addition of the Faculdade de Educação e Ciências Nova Piratininga, the Math course was added to the list of available courses.
== Undergraduate ==
- Campus Centro - Music Faculty.
- Campus Itaim Bibi - Economics, Accountancy, Business and Law Faculties.
- Campus Liberdade - Visual Arts, Law, International Relations and Engineering Faculties.
- Campus Morumbi - Social Communication, Journalism, Publicity, Radio and Television Faculties.
- Campus Ponte Estaiada HOVET - Hospital Veterinário - Veterinary Medicine Faculty.
- Campus Santo Amaro
- Campus Vergueiro
- Campus Vila Mariana
- Campus Vila Mariana II
- Campus Brigadeiro/Liberdade - Technology courses.
== Graduate ==
- Master degree in Architecture
- Master degree in Law
- Master degree in Management
- Master degree in Administration & Gouvernance
- MBA in Auditing 
- MBA in Management and Business Strategy 
- MBA in Finances & Banking 
- MBA in IT Management 
- MBA in Fashion Design Management
- MBA in School Management
- Specialisation in higher education tutoring
- Specialisation in Biology
- Specialisation in Nursing
- Specialisation in Dentistry
- Specialisation in Physiotherapy
- Specialisation in Pharmacy
- Specialisation in Physical Education
- Specialisation in E-commerce
- Specialisation in Management
- Specialisation in Digital Games
- Specialisation in Journalism
- Specialisation in Marketing
and many others.
- Mais, Estudo. "FMU". Mais Estudo. Retrieved 30 October 2010.