Century High School (Hillsboro, Oregon)
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
|Century High School|
|2000 SE Century Blvd.
Hillsboro, OR 97123
|School type||Public, high school|
|School district||Hillsboro School District 1J|
|Color(s)||Black, Teal, and Silver|
|Website||Century High School Website|
Century High School is located in Hillsboro, Oregon. It was built in 1997 with the school colors of black, teal, and silver. Century High School's Principal is Ted Zehr. The school's mascot is the jaguar. Century High School, as well as Glencoe High, are the only schools in the Hillsboro School District to utilize block scheduling.
The school competes in the 6A League Northwest Oregon Conference along with other high schools from the Hillsboro School District. The school faced a new league as a result of the six-class revamp from the Oregon School Activities Association in 2010.
There are several CAM (or Certificate of Advanced Mastery) courses available at Century. There are Health Services, Digital Technology, P.A.C. (Professions Assisting the Community), Business, and FAME (Fine Arts). Students choose their CAM their junior year and start taking the prerequisites for the classes. The CAM classes give students time to work on their senior project, which must be completed before they can graduate.
The CIM (Certificate of Initial Mastery) is an acknowledgment that a student has met rigorous standards by acquiring skills in several academic areas. Both CIM and CAM requirements are being phased out of the Hillsboro School District.
Speech and debate 
The Century High School Winter Drumline has gone to the Winter Guard International World Championships three times in past years, placing 5th and 17th. In 2007, the school took 19th in the world. School bands have performed at places such as the USS Missouri, Prince Kuhio Day Parade in Hawaii, the University of Nevada, and at the Hard Rock Cafe.
Century's Colorguard and Winterguard are in open class in the NWOC. They also visited Winter Guard International in the past years.
Century's drama department puts on an annual one-act play festival in addition to standard plays each year. The group musical has won the international competition, and many state titles. The school's JagTV produces a morning news program. The chess team has placed as high as tenth nationally.
- "Oregon School Directory 2009-2010". Oregon Department of Education. p. 117. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Ulmer, Jerry (June 4, 2011). "Class 6A softball championship: Century completes late-season run, wins first team title for school". The Oregonian. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- Fentress, Aaron. Stadium on target for fall opening. The Oregonian, May 12, 1999.
- Fitzgibbon, Joe (2010-03-03). "Hillsboro Stadium gets $1 million makeover, installs FieldTurf surface". The Oregonian. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
- "OSAA Speech Championships".