|Birth name||Vincenzo Capellini Townshend|
|Genres||Rock, Pop, Indie Rock, Indie Pop|
|Occupation(s)||Mixer & Engineer|
|Associated acts||Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand, U2, Florence + The Machine, Snow Patrol, Friendly Fires|
Vincenzo Capellini Townshend is an English music producer, mixer, and audio engineer, and has worked with artists and bands including Kaiser Chiefs, U2, Snow Patrol, Florence + the Machine, Friendly Fires, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Corinne Bailey Rae, Jamie Cullum and Thirty Seconds to Mars. Townshend was awarded 'Mix Engineer Of The Year' for two successive years by the Music Producers Guild Awards in 2009 and 2010.
Townshend began his career by working at Trident Studios in London in the late '80s, eventually working as an assistant engineer for Alan Moulder and Mark 'Spike' Stent. Following this, Townshend worked independently with producer Ian Broudie for 8 years and then joined producer Stephen Street at The Bunker in Olympic Studios in London where he maintained residency until its closure in 2009. Townshend currently mixes from his Decoy Studios in Woodbridge, Suffolk. He is represented by Jax Management for the UK and rest of world, and Global Positioning Services for the USA, Canada and South America.
Selected discography (mixing)
- "VINCENZO CAPELLINI TOWNSHEND director information. Free director information". Company-director-check.co.uk. 2010-01-13. Retrieved 2014-08-02.
- "Cenzo Townshend Joins GPS Client Roster". Ymlp.com. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- Sound On Sound Feature
- AllMusic Discography
- "Muse thank Rick Rubin for teaching them 'how not to produce' at Music Producers Guild Awards", NME, 11 February 2010, retrieved 2011-06-10
- Waves Artist Feature
- "Cenzo Townshend Case Study". MediaPros. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Cenzo Townshend". Jaxmanagement.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Producer, Engineer, Mixer and Artist Management". Global Positioning Services. Retrieved 2012-08-15.