|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2009)|
|Number of teams||24|
|Level on pyramid||5 & 6|
|Promotion to||Mid Wales Football League Division 2|
|Current champions||Newcastle Emlyn Reserves (Division 1)
Llanboidy (Division 2)
The Ceredigion League (known as The Costcutter Ceredigion League for sponsorship purposes) is a Welsh football league for the county of Ceredigion. It is at the fifth level of the Welsh football league system. It was founded in 1921 as the Cardiganshire League in Lampeter. The ten founding teams were Aberaeron, Aberystwyth Battery, Conservative FC, College Reserves, Drefach, Lampeter, Llanybydder, Newcastle Emlyn, Padarn United and Parish Hall United. Newcastle Emlyn withdrew from the league without playing a game.
Ceredigion League Division One
Currently there are 12 teams in Division One, each team Plays 11 home and 11 away. If a team gains promotion from Ceredigion League Division One they join the Spar Mid Wales League (subject to suitable ground facilities)
The following teams are currently in the Ceredigion League Division One for the 2014-15 season.
|Aberporth||Civil Service Ground||7th|
|Cardigan||King George V Playing Fields||5th|
|Crannog||Gwersyll yr Urdd||4th|
|Felinfach||Felinfach Playing Fields||2nd Division 2|
|Llanboidy||Cae Dandry||1st Division 2|
|Newcastle Emlyn||Parc Emlyn||19th Welsh Lge Div 3 Relegated|
|New Quay||Parc Arthur||8th|
|St. Dogmaels||School Field||2nd|
Ceredigion League Division Two
Each team Plays 11 home and 11 away, with the top two teams promoted to Division one (as long as their first team doesn't already play in Division One) and any reserve side finishing in the bottom two are relegated to the Reserve Cup.
The following clubs will play in the Second Division for the 2014-15 season.
|Aberaeron Reserves||Square Field||11th Division 1|
|Bargod Rangers Reserves||Parc Puw||9th|
|Cilgerran||Parc y Dre||5th|
|Dewi Stars||Llanddewi Playing Fields||4th|
|Lampeter Reserves||North Road|
|Newcastle Emlyn Reserves||Parc Emlyn||1st Division 1|
|New Quay Reserves||Parc Arthur||10th|
|Pencader||Pencader Park||New Club|
|Saron||Saron Playing Fields||3rd|
|St Davids University College||College Fields||7th|
|St Dogmaels Reserves||School Field||8th|
Ceredigion League Reserve Cup
Each team plays 8 home and 8 away games before the top four compete in a playoff for promotion to Division Two. A team can only be promoted if their first team doesn't already play in Division Two. The number of promoted teams depends on the number of reserve teams finishing in the bottom two in Division Two.
The following teams will play in the Reserve Cup for the 2014-15 season.
- Aberporth Reserves
- Cardigan Reserves
- Crannog Reserves
- Felinfach Reserves
- Ffostrasol Reserves
- Llanboidy Reserves
- Llandysul Reserves
- Maesglas Reserves
- Pencader Reserves
- St. David's University College Reserves
Teams from the Ceredigion League can compete in 6 different cups;
- Bay Cup - only 1st teams.
- League Cup - only 1st teams and reserve sides that don't have their 1st teams participating in this league (Newcastle Emlyn III, Aberaeron Reserves).
- Cwpan Ceredigion - same teams who participate in the League cup, with their equivalent from the Aberystwyth League.
- Percy Eldridge Cup - only the reserve sides which have their 1st teams participating in the league (not Newcastle Emlyn III or Aberaeron Reserves).
- South Cards Cup - all teams from Division 2 and the teams from the Reserve Cup which don't have their 1st teams in Division 2.
- J.Emrys Morgan Cup - same teams who participate in the League Cup, with their equivalent from the Aberystwyth League, Montgomeryshire League and the Mid Wales South League.
|This article about a Welsh association football competition is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|