|Headquarters||Bloomington, Minnesota, USA|
|Key people||Stuart C. Harvey, Jr., President and CEO|
|Products||Global human-resource services, human capital management, workforce management, payroll processing services, payroll tax services, employee benefits administration, employee assistance programs, corporate health and productivity, payment/payroll card solutions, retail gift cards|
|Revenue||US$1.53 billion (2011) |
|Employees||9,000+ (2012) |
Ceridian Corporation is a global business services company in the human resources, transportation and retail markets, serving businesses worldwide with employees in the USA, Canada, Europe and Mauritius. It was a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange until it was acquired in 2007 by Thomas H. Lee Partners and Fidelity National Financial.
Ceridian is a descendant of Control Data Corporation (CDC). In 1992, Ceridian emerged as an information services company from the restructuring of CDC, a computer services and manufacturing company founded in 1957. Since its formation, Ceridian has made a number of significant investments including the purchase of Centrefile (now Ceridian in the UK) in 1995, the largest outsourced payroll processing business in the United Kingdom.
In 2007 Ceridian was acquired for US$5.3 billion by Thomas H. Lee Partners and Fidelity National Financial (FNF). Ceridian common stock ceased trading on the NYSE before commencement of trading on 9 November 2007 and was delisted from the NYSE. William Foley, chief executive and chair at FNF, said: "Ceridian provides FNF with a company that has leading market positions in large, growing markets, long-term customer relationships, recurring revenue, strong cash flow and a significant margin expansion opportunity."
In March 2012, Ceridian completed its acquisition of Dayforce, a single SaaS application for HR, payroll, tax, benefits, workforce management, talent management and several related activities.
Ceridian Human Resource Solutions serves 25 million employees and 140,000 companies in more than 52 countries worldwide, including over 75% of the Fortune 500 and 50% of the Financial Times Global 500.
Effective 25 January 2010, Kathryn Marinello was replaced on an interim basis by Lee Kennedy, 59, a current member of the company's board of directors and vice chairman of Fidelity National Information Services Inc.
Stuart C. Harvey, Jr. became President and Chief Executive Officer of Ceridian effective 16 August 2012.
Ceridian-UCLA Pulse of Commerce Index
Ceridian’s monthly Ceridian-UCLA Pulse of Commerce Index (PCI) is based on an analysis of real-time diesel fuel consumption data from over the road trucking tracked by Ceridian Corporation. Ceridian produces the index in conjunction with UCLA Anderson School of Management and Charles River Associates. It mirrors closely the Federal Reserve’s Industrial Production Index but is issued days before that index is released.
The index is built by analyzing Ceridian’s electronic card payment data that captures the location and volume of diesel fuel being purchased by over the road trucking operations, providing a detailed picture of the movement of products across the United States. The PCI also provides a regional breakdown based on the nine U.S. Census regions.
Additional information on the PCI is available at www.Ceridianindex.com. The Web site offers further detail such as index graphs, U.S. maps illustrating the source data, information on how the data is obtained, and the opportunity to receive updates on the latest information via e-mail and RSS feeds. The PCI will be publicly released on or near the 10th day of each month. The first report was published February 10, 2010 and included historical data from prior months and years.
- In 2006 & 2007 Ceridian was recognised as a leading provider of HR & Payroll services at the annual pay awards, by winning the award for Payroll Outsourcing Provider of the Year.
- In 2007, Ceridian was named to the fifth annual Companies That Care Honor Roll, chosen by an independent panel of professionals in a variety of industries.
- In 2009, Ceridian was named as a finalist in the Customer Service Department of the Year category in the third annual Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service.
- In 2009, Ceridian LifeWorks was awarded an Honorable Mention for Health Information/Decision Support by a leading health care accreditation organization, URAC.
- In 2010, Ceridian was presented with a Stevie Award in the Customer Service Department of the Year category, Stevie Awards.
- In 2011, Ceridian was named to the Global Outsourcing 100 list, chosen by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP), for the sixth consecutive year, climbing to the 21st spot on the list.
- In 2012, Ceridian's Stored Value Solutions was named a winner in the Breakout Company of the Year category, Paybefore Awards.
- In 2012, Ceridian’s Dayforce Human Capital Management won both the overall HR Technology TekTonic award and the TekTonic award for Workforce Management, Time & Attendance from HRO Today.
- In 2012, Ceridian was named leader in Workforce Management by Nucleus Research.
- Ceridian - Official site
- Ceridianindex.com - Ceridian-UCLA Pulse of Commerce Index (PCI) official site
- The Global 2000 Technology Companies - Forbes
- Outsourcing: Somerfield - Pay Magazine
- Ceridian Canada - Ceridian Canada
- Ceridian in the UK - Ceridian UK Ltd.
- Ceridian in Ireland - Ceridian IE Ltd.
- Facts & Figures | Corporate Information. Ceridian (1999-02-22). Retrieved on 2013-07-17.
- About us | Ceridian UK. Ceridian.co.uk. Retrieved on 2013-07-17.
- "Ceridian agrees to 5.3 bln usd all-cash buyout deal". forbes.com. 2007-05-31. Retrieved 2008-01-26.[dead link]
- Berenson, Alex (2007-05-31). "Ceridian to Be Taken Private in $5.3 Billion Deal". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-01-26.
- "Human resources service provider Ceridian starts work under owners Fidelity National Financial and Thomas H Lee in £2.6bn deal". personneltoday.com. 2007-11-14. Retrieved 2008-01-26.
- . 2012-03-13 http://www.talentmanagementtech.com/blog/ceridian-dayforce-hr-tech-nexus. Missing or empty
- / The world's largest companies / FT 500 - FT 500 methodology and background. Ft.com (2007-06-29). Retrieved on 2013-07-17.
- "Ceridian CEO departs without explanation". Minneapolis Star Tribune. 2010-01-25.
- "Ceridian scoops top honours for second year in succession" (Press release). ceridian.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-01-26.
- "Ceridian Ceridian named to the 5th Annual Companies That Care Honor Roll" (Press release). ceridian.com. Retrieved 2007-03-19.
- "Ceridian Corporation Named as Finalist in 2009 Stevie Awards for Customer Service" (Press release). ceridian.com. Retrieved 2009-01-22.
- "Ceridian LifeWorks Awarded Honorable Mention for Best Practices in Health Information/Decision Support by URAC" (Press release). ceridian.com. Retrieved 2009-04-15.
- "Ceridian Wins Stevie Award for Customer Service Department of the Year" (Press release). ceridian.com. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Ceridian Corporation Recognized as One of World's Top Outsourcing Providers" (Press release). ceridian.com. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "Ceridian Stored Value Solutions Named Breakout Prepaid Company of the Year in Sixth Annual Paybefore Awards" (Press release). ceridian.com. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "Ceridian Dayforce Double Winner at Esteemed TekTonic Awards" (Press release). ceridian.com. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "Ceridian Dayforce Named Leader in Workforce Management by Nucleus Research for the Second Time in a Row" (Press release). ceridian.com. Retrieved 2012-07-03.