Certified Master Inspector
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
The Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc., is a non-profit 501(c)(6), tax-exempt organization dedicated to promoting excellence in the home inspection industry. The Board holds the registered trademark Certified Master Inspector (CMI)® and awards it to qualifying inspectors in North America who have demonstrated a high level of competency by:
- completing 1,000 fee-paid inspections and/or hours of inspection-related Continuing Education courses (combined);
- proving they've been in the inspection business for at least three years;
- abiding by the Master Inspector Certification Board's Code of Ethics;
- substantially following a Board-approved Standards of Practice; and
- agreeing to submit to a criminal background check.
The Master Inspector Certification Board is not a trade association, and the Certified Master Inspector® is not a membership level. Certified Master Inspector® is a professional designation available to all qualifying inspectors in the U.S. and Canada who wish to become Board-certified.
By awarding the Continuing Education/experience-based Certified Master Inspector® professional designation, the Master Inspector Certification Board supports the inspection industry's advanced education providers and encourages experienced inspectors to maintain excellence.
|This article about a business, industry, or trade-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|