Cessna Citation Mustang
|National origin||United States|
|First flight||23 April 2005|
|Primary user||Private Users|
|Number built||425 |
$3.28 Million USD (2013)
The Cessna Citation Mustang, Model 510, is a very light jet (VLJ) class business jet built by Cessna Aircraft Company at their Independence, Kansas production facility. The Mustang, in standard configuration, has four passenger seats in the aft cabin, a toilet and seating for two in the cockpit. Like most other light jets, the Mustang is approved for single-pilot operation.
The Model 510 Mustang first flew on 18 April 2005. The airplane received full type certification from the Federal Aviation Administration on September 8, 2006. Cessna received FAA certification to fly into "known icing conditions" on November 9, 2006. Cessna delivered the first production LJ on November 23, 2006, the same day the FAA awarded Cessna with the necessary certification. Dave and Dawn Goode of GOODE Ski Technologies received the first retail delivered Cessna Mustang on April 23, 2007.
The Mustang is a low-wing cantilever monoplane with a swept wing, T-tail and tricycle retractable landing gear. One main door is located in the forward left section of the aircraft, with an additional emergency exit on the center right section of the fuselage.
- Crew: one or two pilots
- Capacity: 4 to 5 passengers
- Length: 40 feet 7 inches (12.37 m)
- Wingspan: 43 feet 2 inches (13.16 m)
- Height: 13 feet 5 inches (4.09 m)
- Empty weight: 5560 lb (2522 kg)
- Loaded weight: 8730 lb (3960 kg)
- Useful load: 3170 lb (1442 kg)
- Max. takeoff weight: 8645 lb (3930 kg)
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PW615F turbofan, 1460 lb (6.49 kN) each
- Maximum speed: Mach 0.63
- Cruise speed: 340 ktas (630 km/h)
- Range: 1167 nmi (at max. takeoff weight) (2161 km)
- Service ceiling: 41000 ft (12500 m)
- Rate of climb: 3010 fpm (917 mpm)
- Thrust/weight: 0.337 (at max. takeoff weight)
- Takeoff distance: 3,110 ft (948 m)
- Landing distance: 2,380 ft (729 m)
The aircraft is operated primarily by private individuals, companies and executive charter operators. A number of companies also use the aircraft as part of fractional ownership programs.
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- "Cessna Sees Sales Success With New Citation M2". AINonline.com. Retrieved 2013-07-15.
- "Citation Mustang Performance Specifications". Cessna. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- "Cessna Citation Mustang Cleared for Flight Into Known Icing Conditions". Textron. 2006-09-09. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- "Cessna Beats Out Eclipse In First LJ delivery". 2006-11-23. Retrieved 2006-11-29.
- "Cessna Delivers First Retail Citation Mustang". 2007-04-24. Retrieved 2007-04-24.
- "Citation Mustang Specifications & Weights". Cessna Aircraft Company. Retrieved 2009-05-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cessna Citation Mustang.|