Chūō-ku (中央区 Chūō-ku?), Osaka is one of 23 wards of Osaka, Japan. It has an area of 8.88 km2, and a population of 60,085. It houses Osaka's financial district, as well as the Osaka Prefecture offices and principal shopping and tourist areas.
Various consulates are found in Chūō-ku. The Consulate-General of South Korea has its own building. Three consulates, Consulate-General of Australia, the Consulate-General of the Netherlands, and the Consulate-General of the Philippines, occupy the twenty-ninth, thirty-third, and twenty-fourth floors, respectively, of the Twin21 MID Tower. The Consulate-General of Canada is on the twelfth floor of the Daisan Shoho Building in Chūō-ku. The Consulate-General of France is on the tenth floor of the Crystal Tower. The Consulate-General of India is on the tenth floor of the Semba I.S. Building. The Consulate-General of Indonesia is on the sixth floor of the Daiwa Bank Semba Building. The Consulate-General of Singapore is on the fourteenth floor of the Osaka Kokusai Building. The Consulate-General of Thailand is in the first, fourth, and fifth floors of the Bangkok Bank Building. The Consulate-General of the United Kingdom is on the nineteenth floor of the Seiko Osaka Building. The Consulate-General of Vietnam is on the tenth floor of the Estate Bakuro-machi Building.
- Osaka Prefectural Government
- Osaka Prefectural Police Head Station
- Minami Police Station
- Higashi Police Station
- Osaka Contemporary Art Center
- Broadcasting stations
- NHK Osaka Broadcasting Station - Otemae
- Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation - Shiromi Nichome (Osaka Business Park)
- TV Osaka - Otemae
- Nihon Keizai Shimbun - Otemae
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
- Resona Bank - Bingomachi
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Company - Shiromi (Osaka Business Park)
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company has its headquarters in the ward. - Dojomachi
- Takenaka Corporation has its headquarters in the ward.
- Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. - Dojomachi
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation - Dojomachi
- Shionogi & Co. Ltd. - Dojomachi
- Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd. - Dojomachi
- Osaka Gas Co., Ltd.
- Iwatani Corporation - Hommachi
- Kansai Urban Banking Corporation
- Keihan Electric Railway Co., Ltd.
- Nankai Electric Railway Co., Ltd.
- Osaka Securities Exchange Co., Ltd.
- Nippon Life Insurance Company - Imabashi
- Morishita Jintan Co., Ltd. - Morinomiya
- Sakura Color Products Corporation - Morinomiya
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone West Corporation (NTT West)
- Mandom Corporation - Junikencho
- Teijin Limited
- Unitika - Kyutaro-machi
Sumitomo Trust and Banking was headquartered in Kitahama prior to its merger to form Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank (now headquartered in Tokyo). Daiwa Bank and Kinki Osaka Bank were headquartered in Chuo-ku prior to their merger to form Resona Bank.
Offices of foreign companies
- West Japan Railway Company (JR West)
- Osaka Loop Line: Morinomiya Station - Osakajo-koen Station
- Keihan Electric Railway
- Keihan Line: Yodoyabashi Station - Kitahama Station - Temmabashi Station
- Namba Line: Osaka Namba Station - Kintetsu Nippombashi Station
- Hanshin Electric Railway
- Hanshin Namba Line: Osaka Namba Station
- Nankai Electric Railway
- Nankai Main Line: Namba Station
- Osaka Municipal Subway
- Midosuji Line: Yodoyabashi Station - Hommachi Station - Shinsaibashi Station - Namba Station
- Tanimachi Line: Temmabashi Station - Tanimachi Yonchome Station - Tanimachi Rokuchome Station
- Chuo Line: Hommachi Station - Sakaisuji-Hommachi Station - Tanimachi Yonchome Station - Morinomiya Station
- Sennichimae Line: Namba Station - Nippombashi Station
- Sakaisuji Line: Kitahama Station - Nagahoribashi Station
- Nagahori Tsurumi-ryokuchi Line: Shinsaibashi Station - Matsuyamachi Station - Nagahoribashi Station - Tanimachi Rokuchome Station - (Tamatsukuri Station, Tennoji-ku) - Morinomiya Station - Osaka Business Park Station
- "List of Consulates in Kansai Area." Creation Core Higashi Osaka. Retrieved on January 15, 2009.
- "Locations." Capcom. Retrieved on August 12, 2011. "3-1-3 Uchihirano-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0037, Japan"
- "UHead Office Location - Osaka Head Office." [Resona Bank]]. Retrieved on April 15, 2014.
- "FAQ." Takeda Pharmaceutical Company. Retrieved on February 2, 2011. "Q : Where is Takeda located? A : The Head Office is located in Osaka, Japan,[...]"
- "Overview." Takeda Pharmaceutical Company. Retrieved on February 2, 2011. "Headquarters Head Office 1-1, Doshomachi 4-chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-8645"
- "Corporate Profile." Takenaka Corporation. Retrieved on October 20, 2009.
- "Unitika Group locations." Unitika. Retrieved on April 15, 2014.
- "Company Profile." (Archive) Fuji Fire and Marine Insurance. Retrieved on August 26, 2013. "Osaka head office: 1-18-11 Minami Senba, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan" - Information in Japanese (Archive) "大阪本社 〒542-8567 大阪市中央区南船場1丁目18番11号"
- "International Offices." Air China. Retrieved on January 18, 2009.
- "Worldwide Offices Japan." Asiana Airlines. Retrieved on January 19, 2009.
- Media related to Chūō-ku, Osaka at Wikimedia Commons