|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Michel Rollin|
|• Land1||15.13 km2 (5.84 sq mi)|
|• Population2 density||38/km2 (99/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||77104 / 77610|
|Elevation||89–117 m (292–384 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Châtres is documented as the place where Saint Corbinian was born circa 670 and where he maintained a hermitage for fourteen years.
The inhabitants of Châtres are called Châtriots.
Places of interest
Place of interest include the Château de Boulayes and its park.
The area produces cereal grain.
- (French) Commune de Châtres
- (French) Old postcards of Châtres
- (French) Find Châtres on the map of Seine-et-Marne
- (English) 1999 Land Use, from IAURIF (Institute for Urban Planning and Development of the Paris-Île-de-France region)
- (French) French Ministry of Culture list for Châtres
|This article related to a Seine-et-Marne location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|