Chace Community School
The front entrance of Chace Community School
|DfE URN||102049 Tables|
Chace Community School is a coeducational secondary school and sixth form with specialist Technology College status, located in Forty Hill, Enfield Town, England. It is situated on Churchbury Lane with its fields backing on to Baker Street. Chace is spelled with a 'c' rather than a 's', despite the school being close to the Chase Side area of Enfield. The school logo is the Enfield (the same as the London Borough of Enfield logo). Its colours are black and red.
Until September 2003, the school had four houses, named after four local large estates. These are listed below with the house colour in brackets.
- Capel (red) named after Capel Manor. Now the home of Capel Manor College for agricultural related studies
- Myddelton (green) named after Myddelton House. Now the home of Myddelton House Gardens
- Trent (blue) named after Trent Park|Trent House. Now within Middlesex University
- Whitewebbs (yellow) named after Whitewebbs House. Now a Toby Carvery pub.
GCSE level (Key Stage 4)
The school is in the top half of the Enfield league table with 89% achieving 5 GCSEs at grade C or above in 2009.. In 2008, 44% achieved 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (including Maths and English).
A Level (Key Stage 5)
In 2006 the average points score per examination entry was 235.5, equivalent to just under a grade B at A level.
In 2007 the average points score per examination entry was 242.8, equivalent to just over a grade B at A level.
In 2008 the average points score per examination entry was 278.3, equivalent to just under a grade A at A Level.
- Current: Sue Warrington,
- Past: Mrs Hill, Mr Higgins
Notable former pupils
- Will Antwi, Anglo-Ghanaian footballer, defender for AFC Wimbledon
- Michelle Ryan, actress, best known for Zoe Slater in EastEnders
- Malcolm Needs, screenwriter
- Paul Whitehouse, comedian and actor.
- Jake Livermore, Professional footballer for Tottenham Hotspur
- Official Chace Community School page
- Key stage 4 Current performance according to Department for Education and Skills
- Key stage 5 Current performance according to Department for Education and Skills
- View from Google Maps