Chad Ackerman Singing at Cornerstone Festival in Illinois.
|Birth name||Chad Daniel Ackerman|
|Born||November 30, 1983|
|Genres||Post-hardcore, Alternative rock, Acoustic, Metal|
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, musician, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano, drums|
|Associated acts||A Veil (2012–present)
Destroy The Runner (2007–10)
Austrian Death Machine (2008-09)
Chapter 14 (2005–07, 2010–present)
Count Your Curses (2010–present)
|guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, keyboards|
Chad Ackerman (born November 30, 1983 in San Diego, California) is a rock singer-songwriter, musician, vegan, writer, director, actor, producer, illustrator, and artist. Ackerman's debut as a singer/songwriter was on November 30, 2012 under the name A Veil with the album entitled The In Between. Chad is also the vocalist for the bands Chapter 14, and Count Your Curses. He is the voice parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger for the band Austrian Death Machine. Chad was previously the vocalist for the band Destroy The Runner, guitarist for As I Lay Dying, and guitarist for Die Trying.
Chad Ackerman began his music career at age 16 with the San Diego, California band Skratchline on Rescue Records playing rhythm guitar.
In 2002, Ackerman joined As I Lay Dying playing rhythm guitar. As soon as he graduated from San Marcos High School, he went on a full U.S. tour with As I Lay Dying and continued touring until he left the band in 2003.
In 2005, he started the band Chapter 14 with Joel Piper of Confide, Noah Slifka of In Fear and Faith, and Michael Catalano of Destroy The Runner and Chiodos. Ackerman was the vocalist and founder of Chapter 14. Chapter 14 went on two U.S. tours in 2005 and 2006 with unsigned self releases, and broke up in the fall of 2007.
During 2006 before Chapter 14 had ended, Chad filled in for the band Die Trying on Island Records playing guitar for 3 months in Sacramento, CA.
In the fall of 2007 Ackerman joined Destroy The Runner as the new vocalist replacing Kyle Setter the band's previous vocalist. The band did two U.S. tours with Ackerman promoting their debut record Saints. Destroy The Runner then recorded the band's second studio album I, Lucifer in Baltimore, MD. with producer Brian McTernan. I, Lucifer was released on April 15, 2008 and the band has done three U.S. tours, and one European tour promoting the album.
In 2008, Ackerman teamed up with vocalist Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying to record Total Brutal, the debut album for Lambesis' comic side project Austrian Death Machine. Ackerman voices all of the "Ahhnold" impersonations on Total Brutal and for the band's bonus disc A Very Brutal Christmas also in 2008.
Ackerman was working on the third Destroy The Runner album set to be released in 2010, but the band has since broken up as stated on their MySpace page. Chad has done several interviews about the breakup, and has started up Chapter 14 again with Tanner Sparks(Destroy The Runner bassist).
Ackerman is the vocalist of Count Your Curses, a three-piece trip-hop/electro rock group formed in January 2011. The project is a long-distance collaboration between Chad, kmotiv (Programming, Synth, and Keyboards) and Sean Sallings (Guitars, Bass, & Percussion). They are currently recording their debut with Brian Grider. Their first single, "Zombie B-Boy" was released March 1, 2011.
Chad is also currently producing bands, solo artists, and musicians.
On November 29, 2012 Chad announced on his Facebook page that his debut album as A Veil was on YouTube, and that the album would be free for download or "name your own price" on November 30, 2012. This is Ackerman's first attempt as a singer/wongwriter, and the album is entitled The In Between.
On May 30, 2013, the music video for Tombs was screened at the Portland Music Video Festival at the historical Hollywood Theater in downtown Portland,OR.
With A Veil
With Count Your Curses
- Zombie B-Boy (single) 2011 Self Released
- Be Advised (single) 2012 Self Released
- By A Thread (single) 2012 Self Released
With Chapter 14
With Destroy The Runner
- Total Brutal (2008)
- A Very Brutal Christmas (2008) [Extended Play]
- Jingle All the Way (single) (2011) I'm Not A Pervert
With As I Lay Dying
- An Ocean Between Us (2007) (Backing vocals/screams)
- This Is Who We Are (2009) [DVD] (Performance/Vocals on the song Illusions)
- The Bad Shepherd (single) Self Released 2011
- Lower Definition The Infinite Et Cetera (Self-released, 2011)
- Count Your Curses Distance (Self-released, 2012)
- A Veil 2012 - The In Between
- Tombs Music Video 
- Tombs - A Veil - Music Video - as Chicken - 2012 
- Repeater - No Bragging Rights - Music Video - as Marine - 2012 
- Terror Vortex - Feature Film - as Experimental Patient - 2013
- Tombs Music Video - 2012 
- The Bad Shephard Music Video - 2012 
On June 24, 2013 Ackerman received an Award of Excellence for Male Vocalist from the La Jolla Global Music Awards(GMA) for the album The In Between, as well as an Award of Merit for the Tombs music video.
Chad has worked for two non profit organizations, the ONE Campaign and Invisible Children. Ackerman helped create the One Campaign's Myspace page in 2005, and was asked to help manage it until March 2009.
In 2007, Chad was hired by Invisible Children to recruit bands and musicians to promote their cause.
On August 1, 2011, Chad had a vegan recipe in For Those About To Cook a book by Bruce Moore.
Chad is married to Laura Ackerman, and currently resides in Carlsbad, California. On October 23, 2011, Chad released a statement through MTV journalist Chris Harris(Gun Shy Assassin) revealing he and his wife's one year anniversary of being vegan. 
- Ryan's Rock Show. "Why Destroy The Runner Broke Up: Vocalist Chad Ackerman Tells All".
- About.com. "Destroy The Runner Interview"
- Indie Vision Music. "Farewell From Chad Ackerman of DTR"
- Something Punk. "Chad Ackerman Says Goodbye To Destroy The Runner Fans"
- Absolute Punk "Destroy the Runner — I, Lucifer"
- San Diego Reader. Chapter 14 "We're Back,Full Throttle"
- Gun Shy Assassin "Chapter 14’s Chad Ackerman: The Gun Shy Interview"
- Pure Grain Audio "Chapter 14 interview with Chad Ackerman"
- Riley Bacon Online Radio "Chad Ackerman Biography"
- For Those About To Cook Chapter 14 Vegan Recipe(pg.36 - 37)
- Bloody Disgusting Review 
- Horror Bug Review 
- San Diego Reader Review/Interview 
- Punk World Views Review/Interview 
- La Jolla Global Music Awards 
- Chad Ackerman at MySpace
- Chapter 14 on Facebook
- Destroy The Runner at MySpace
- Chad Ackerman at Facebook
- Count Your Curses Website
- "Chad's reviews on film"