Chad Beguelin (born September 24, 1969) is an American playwright and four-time Tony Award nominee. He wrote the book for Disney's Aladdin, as well as additional lyrics for the score. He was nominated for Best Original Book and Best Original Score for Aladdin. He also who wrote the lyrics and co-book for the Broadway musical The Wedding Singer. He was nominated for two Tony Awards for his work on the musical, as well as a Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Lyrics. He also wrote the lyrics for the Broadway musical Elf the Musical.
Beguelin wrote the book and lyrics for The Rhythm Club which was produced at the Signature Theatre, Arlington, Virginia in 2000 and was nominated for a Helen Hayes Award. He wrote the book and lyrics for Wicked City, which was produced at the American Stage Company and the Mason Street Warehouse, and he wrote the books for Disney's Aladdin and On the Record.
Casey Nicholaw is expected to direct and choreograph the stage musical Aladdin which is expected to run at the 5th Avenue Theatre, Seattle, Washington, July 7–31, 2011. It will use songs from the 1992 film Aladdin, with a new book by Chad Beguelin and new lyrics by Beguelin and Alan Menken. The musical is expected to open on Broadway in 2014.
Along with four Tony Award nominations and two Drama Desk Award nominations, Beguelin has received the Jonathan Larson Performing Arts Foundation Award, the Gilman & Gonzalez-Falla Theatre Foundation  Award, and the Edward Kleban Award for Outstanding Lyric Writing. 
- Jones, Kenneth; Ehren, Christine. "Who's Got Rhythm? Musical 'Rhythm Club' Still Strummin'" playbill.com, August 2, 2002
- Propst, Andy. "Chad Beguelin's Harbor to Dock in New York" theatremania.com, January 10, 2013
- Beguelin, Chad. Official website for Chad Beguelin. Retrieved March 2009.
- Chad Beguelin's Homepage
- The Wedding Singer's Homepage
- Out Magazine Article
- Interview and Rehearsal Video from Broadway.com
- Podcast Interview with Stage Door Chicago