Chad Davidson holds a BA, MA, and PhD in English from Cal State San Bernardino, the University of North Texas, and Binghamton University, respectively. He is currently Associate Professor of English at the University of West Georgia. His poems and articles have appeared in AGNI, Colorado Review, Hotel Amerika, The Paris Review, Prairie Schooner, Shenandoah, Virginia Quarterly Review, The Writer's Chronicle, and elsewhere.
- Crab Orchard Prize in Poetry
- From the Fire Hills. Southern Illinois University Press. Forthcoming 2014.
- The Last Predicta. Southern Illinois University Press. 2008. ISBN 978-0-8093-2875-8.
- Chad Davidson and John Poch. Hockey Haiku: The Essential Collection. St. Martin's Press. 2006. ISBN 978-0-312-35607-1.
- Consolation Miracle. Southern Illinois University Press. 2003. ISBN 978-0-8093-2541-2.
- Chad Davidson and Gregory Fraser. Analyze Anything: A Guide to Critical Reading and Writing. Continuum. 2012. ISBN 978-1-4411-0730-5.
- Chad Davidson and Gregory Fraser. Writing Poetry: Creative and Critical Approaches to Writing. Palgrave Macmillan. 2009. ISBN 978-0-230-00812-0.
- Graeme Harper, ed. (2006). "Poetry". Teaching creative writing. Continuum International Publishing Group. ISBN 978-0-8264-7726-2.
- William J. Walsh, ed. (2006). "Cleopatra's Bra". Under the rock umbrella: contemporary American poets, 1951-1977. Mercer University Press. ISBN 978-0-88146-047-6.
for "Hockey Haiku: The Essential Collection":
Not since Agamemnon and Menelaus tore down the walls of Troy have we been witness to such atrocities as Poch and Davidson inflict upon us in their new anthology Hockey Haiku: the Essential Collection. Essential! The hubris! Have they forgotten all the groundbreaking work of their forebears in the realms of hockey haikuology? Let us pause for a moment and remember some of the titans of the hockey haiku anthologies. Where is Jan Svedic's 1954 classic, the fabulous Hockey Haiku! Hockey Haiku!? Ubi sunt Grady Deetler's 1961 opus, the grand and stately three-volume Blood and Ice? And what of contemporary must-reads, such as Darius Visparov's 1989 virtual pantheon of greats, the mythic More New Hockey Haiku? And these are just the more notables. I should like to say to Davidson and Poch: "Look on these works, ye Mighty, and despair." Alas, they wouldn't hear me for the din of their own super-inflated egos, so big I still spot them behind the monolithic Zambonies of hockey haikudom they hide behind.
- "Cockroaches: Ars Poetica", poets.org
- "Consolation Miracle", poets.org
- "The Match", poets.org
- "The Pear", poets.org
- "This is the Cow", poets.org
- "Encryption", Tarpaulin Sky, Winter 2002
- "HOCKEY HAIKU x 10", Diagram 5.1, Chad Davidson and John Poch
- "Labor Days", Ploughshares, Spring 2008[dead link]
- "Chad Davidson", Fishouse
- "Emerging Poet: On Chad Davidson", poets.org, B. H. Fairchild
- "Chad Davidson Reading for Smartish Pace, Chicago", YouTube
- "Chad Davidson reads “Frost at Midnight” by Samuel Taylor Coleridge", Poets on Poets