Larson performing with The Aquabats in 2012.
|Also known as||Crash McLarson|
|Born||October 27, 1965|
|Genres||Rock, pop punk, punk rock, new wave, ska|
|Instruments||Bass guitar, trombone|
|Associated acts||The Aquabats, B.H.R.|
Chad Albert Larson (born October 27, 1965) is an American musician, best known as the co-founder and bass guitarist for the Orange County rock band The Aquabats, in which he performs under the stage name and persona of Crash McLarson. As of 2012, Larson also portrays Crash McLarson on The Hub original series The Aquabats! Super Show!
Larson has been a member of The Aquabats since the group's inception, having co-founded the band alongside Christian Jacobs and Boyd Terry in 1994. In the earliest days of the band, Larson played trombone before switching to bass guitar. Since then, he's acted as one of The Aquabats' most prominent songwriters, writing or co-writing a majority of the band's material. For The Aquabats! Super Show!, Larson serves as a main actor and occasional composer alongside his other bandmates, as well as contributing screenwriting credits, most prominently on the 2013 episode "The Shark Fighter!".
In the early 1990s and up until their break-up in 1997, Larson was also the bassist for the hardcore punk band B.H.R., an acronym whose meaning regularly changed.
Outside of The Aquabats, Larson made a career as a professional electrician, up until the network acquisition of The Aquabats! Super Show! enabled him and the rest of the band to work on the series full-time. He currently lives in Huntington Beach, California with his wife and four children, and, like bandmates Jacobs and Ian Fowles, is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- The Return of the Aquabats (1996) - bass
- The Fury of the Aquabats! (1997) - bass, organ, vocals
- The Aquabats vs. the Floating Eye of Death! (1999) - bass, vocals
- Myths, Legends and Other Amazing Adventures, Vol. 2 (2000) - bass guitar
- Yo! Check Out This Ride! EP (2004) - bass guitar
- Charge!! (2005) - bass, vocals
- Radio Down! (2010) - bass, backing vocals
- Hi-Five Soup! (2011) - bass, vocals
- Boehm, Mike (October 28, 1997). "The Aquabats' Saturday Morning Mission; Who Are Those Masked Men? A Brea Band With a New CD and Plans for Capturing a TV Audience". The Los Angeles Times.
- "A Band Called The Aquabats!: A Sweaty History of Radness documentary". Serious Awesomeness!. 2003.
- "Works written by LARSON, CHAD". ASCAP.com.
- "MTV Geek Interview: Christian Jacobs assembles The Aquabats! Super Show!". MTV.com. March 1, 2012.
- "A Short Talk with The Aquabats' Crash McLarson". Splendid e-zine.
- Chad Larson at the Internet Movie Database
- Tastes Like Chicken interview with Crash McLarson
- Spendid e-zine interview with Crash McLarson
|This article about a bass guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|