No. 20, 26, 29, 30
|Running back/ Return specialist|
|Date of birth:April 4, 1977|
|Place of birth: Torrance, California|
|College: Southern California|
|NFL Draft: 2000 / Round: 5 / Pick: 166|
|Debuted in 2000|
|Last played in 2006|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
|Stats at DatabaseFootball.com|
Chad Akio Morton (born April 4, 1977 in Torrance, California) is a former American football running back and kick/punt returner in the National Football League. He previously played for the New Orleans Saints, the New York Jets, the Washington Redskins, and the New York Giants.
High school years
Morton was a running back for the University of Southern California Trojans in the late-1990s. A notable moment in Morton's college football career was in 1999, when he guaranteed a USC victory prior to a game against the UCLA who carried an eight-game winning streak against the Trojans. Morton ran for 143 yards in a USC victory. In 2010, it was named by ESPN as the fourth biggest moment in the USC-UCLA football rivalry.
In a 2000 playoff game with the New Orleans Saints against the Minnesota Vikings, Morton tied the NFL single-game playoff record with 13 receptions. Morton was a first alternate to the 2005 Pro Bowl as a kick returner. On February 13, 2007, he was released by the Giants.
- Most kickoff return touchdowns in a single game: 2 (2002 vs Buffalo Bills) (tied with 9 others)
- Longest overtime kickoff returned for a touchdown: 96 (2002 vs Buffalo Bills)
- Most receptions in a playoff game: 13 (2000) (tied with 3 others)
- Mark Saxton (December 2, 2010). "USC rivalry moment No. 4: Chad Morton's guarantee". ESPN. Retrieved 8 November 2011.
- NFL Playoff Records: Individual - Receiving
- "Packers Announce Coaching Staff Additions" (Press release). Green Bay Packers. 2009-02-03. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/records/playoffs/player/receiving NFL Playoff Records: Individual - Receiving