Chad Price (singer-songwriter)
Price performing in Vancouver (June 2013)
|Birth name||Chad Oliver Price|
|Born||April 16, 1986 (age 28)
London, Ontario, Canada
|Genres||pop rock, acoustic rock, acoustic soul, singer songwriter|
|Occupation(s)||musician, songwriter, guitarist|
Chad Oliver Price (born April 16, 1986) is a Canadian singer-songwriter and recording artist. His debut album In This Dream, released March 6, 2012, was distributed by Universal Music, and Interscope Records. His debut single Another Day was released on February 7, 2012. Price was born in London, Ontario.
Price began playing guitar at the age of ten and it was apparent to friends and family that as a child he had natural musical ability. He attended high school at Regina Mundi Catholic College (RMC) in London where his athletic abilities were on display more so than his musical talents as he was recruited by multiple Canadian Universities for football and basketball. However, Price began studying Communications and Media at Brock University in 2005 where his athletic endeavors ended but his musical side moved from a hobby to a passion and eventually to a profession. It was here where Price penned the majority of his songs on In This Dream. He credits various musicians, most notably John Mayer, for the change he experienced: "People like John Mayer really started to speak to me in music, and people like Dallas Green and Norah Jones. All of a sudden I started picking my guitar up again".
In This Dream
Upon graduating in 2010 and recording a demo album, Price teamed up with musician and music producer Bill Bell (Jason Mraz, Tom Cochrane, Justin Nozuka)[disambiguation needed] in Toronto and Los Angeles to record his debut album In This Dream. Musicians contributing to the album included Kevin Fox (Celine Dion, Justin Bieber), Pat Kilbride (Mick Ronson), Ron Lopata (Ron Sexsmith, Jacksoul), Diego Las Heras (Justin Nozuka), Lyle Molzan (Jann Arden), Pete Maloney (Dishwalla), Dan Lavery (Tonic), and Alysse Fischer. Price and Bell used three separate professional recording studios to record the album; Orange Studios in Toronto, Stagg Street Studios in Los Angeles, and EMAC Studios in London. In This Dream was mixed by Vic Florencia and mastered by Lacquer Channel Mastering.
After the album was finalized, it caught the attention of some major labels and Price was able to secure a distribution deal with Universal and Interscope.
Another Day was the first single from In This Dream. It was released on iTunes on February 7, 2012 and has received national radio play in the US and parts of Canada resulting in the song officially charting in the US. It has also been featured in an episode of MTV's Degrassi originally airing on March 18, 2014 entitled "What It's Like" .
Price has shared the stage with Walk off the Earth, Lights, Tim Chaisson, Courage My Love, Paper Lions, Alysha Brillinger, Darrelle London and many others do date. He has performed largely in Canada and the United States.
- In This Dream (album, released March 6, 2012)
- "Another Day" (single, released February 7, 2012)
- Priya, Ramji. "Interview with Chad Price". Bestfan. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Amare, Rebecca. "Interview with Chad Price". Bestfan. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- Reaney, James (March 8, 2012). "Willing to Pay Price of Perfection". The London Free Press. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- Rudder, Kassandra (March–April 2012). "Chad Price: From a Dream into Reality". Localiez Magazine 6: 48. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- Allewell, Paxton (September 2012). "Releasing Your Debut Album: Priceless". Surgite. 2 4 (September 2012): 24. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- Ramji, Priya. "Interview with Chad Price". Bestfan. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- Petkovic, Mila (March 7, 2012). "Londoner lives the Dream with release of debut album". Metro. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- In This Dream album sleeve. 2012.
- Lines, Jon. "Chad Price – Another Day". JonLines.com. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- "Chad Price Bio". chadpricemusic.com. Retrieved 24 September 2012.