Rinehart in 2013.
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||May 4, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Boone, Iowa|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||321 lb (146 kg)|
|High school:||Boone (IA)|
|NFL draft:||2008 / Round: 3 / Pick: 96|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Chad Rinehart (born May 4, 1985) is an American football guard who is a free agent. He played college football at Northern Iowa, and was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the third round with the 96th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. Rinehart has been a member of the New York Jets, Buffalo Bills and San Diego Chargers.
He suffered a broken fibula after being rolled up on by Anthony Spencer against the Dallas Cowboys on November 22, 2009. Rinehart returned from the injury and began to improve however the Redskins decided to part ways with the veteran on September 4, 2010, during the final round of roster cuts prior to the start of the season.
New York Jets
On September 29, 2010, the New York Jets signed Rinehart to their practice squad following the promotion of wide receiver Patrick Turner. Rinehart was released from New York's practice squad on October 13, 2010.
On October 18, 2010, the Buffalo Bills signed Rinehart to their practice squad. Rinehart was promoted to the active roster on December 7, 2010 after Kraig Urbik suffered a season-ending knee injury. Rinehart played at guard in 2011 and also filled in at center. He was tendered in April 2012.
San Diego Chargers
On January 20, 2010 at 2:00 A.M., Rinehart was arrested on public intoxication charges in Cedar Falls, Iowa after he pulled on a locked door at Mojo's Pizza House, thus triggering an alarm, and refused to take a breath test. Rinehart was later released from jail via court order. Rinehart was found guilty of the charge in June 2010 and was ordered to pay a $195 fine.
- Boren, Cindy (July 10, 2008), "Rinehart Agrees to Terms (With Updates)", The Washington Post (The Washington Post Company), archived from the original on November 15, 2010, retrieved September 29, 2010
- Associated Press (November 22, 2009), Betts injures knee; Rinehart breaks leg, ESPN, archived from the original on November 15, 2010, retrieved September 29, 2010
- Fitzgerald, Gary (June 14, 2010), Rinehart Is Bouncing Back From Leg Injury, Washington Redskins, archived from the original on November 15, 2010, retrieved November 15, 2010
- Fitzgerald, Gary (September 4, 2010), Redskins' Roster At 53 After Parker, 18 Others Released, Washington Redskins, archived from the original on November 15, 2010, retrieved November 15, 2010
- Lange, Randy (September 29, 2010), Omon, Rinehart Added to Practice Squad, New York Jets, archived from the original on October 9, 2010, retrieved October 9, 2010
- Jets Public Relations Department (October 13, 2010), Practice Squad: Wallace Signed, Rinehart Cut, New York Jets, archived from the original on October 13, 2010, retrieved October 13, 2010
- Brown, Chris (October 18, 2010), Bills add OL to practice squad, Buffalo Bills, archived from the original on October 19, 2010, retrieved October 19, 2010
- Bills place G Urbik on I.R.; promote Rinehart, Yahoo! Sports, December 7, 2010, archived from the original on January 2, 2010, retrieved January 2, 2010
- Chargers, guard Chad Rinehart agree to deal
- Wesseling, Chris (March 10, 2014). "Chad Rinehart, San Diego Chargers strike 2-year deal". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- Wilkening, Mike. "Chargers parting ways with Chad Rinehart". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Associated Press (January 19, 2010), Guard facing public intoxication charges, ESPN, archived from the original on November 15, 2010, retrieved September 29, 2010
- Reinitz, Jeff (June 22, 2010), "NFL's Rinehart convicted of public intoxication", The Courier (Waterloo-Cedar Falls) (Lee Enterprises), archived from the original on November 15, 2010, retrieved September 29, 2010