Chadron Municipal Airport
|Chadron Municipal Airport|
|IATA: CDR – ICAO: KCDR – FAA LID: CDR|
|Owner||City of Chadron|
|Elevation AMSL||3,298 ft / 1,005 m|
Chadron Municipal Airport (IATA: CDR, ICAO: KCDR, FAA LID: CDR) is a public use airport in Dawes County, Nebraska, United States. It is owned by the City of Chadron and located four nautical miles (5 mi, 7 km) west of its central business district. The airport is served by one commercial airline, with scheduled passenger service subsidized by the Essential Air Service program.
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 2,152 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 1,875 enplanements in 2009, and 1,769 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility (the commercial service category requires at least 2,500 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
Chadron Municipal Airport covers an area of 716 acres (290 ha) at an elevation of 3,298 feet (1,005 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with concrete surfaces: 2/20 is 5,998 by 100 feet (1,828 x 30 m) and 11/29 is 4,400 by 75 feet (1,341 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 31, 2011, the airport had 7,665 aircraft operations, an average of 21 per day: 69% general aviation, 16% scheduled commercial, 9% air taxi, and 6% military. At that time there were 18 aircraft based at this airport: 94% single-engine and 6% multi-engine.
Airlines and destinations
Scheduled commercial passenger service to Denver International Airport is provided by Great Lakes Airlines. Flights to or from destinations beyond Denver can be booked with United Airlines and Frontier Airlines, which both have a codeshare agreement with Great Lakes.
|Great Lakes Airlines||Denver, Scottsbluff|
- FAA Airport Master Record for CDR ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Chadron Municipal Airport page at City of Chadron website
- Chadron Municipal Airport at City of Chadron website
- PDF at the Nebraska Department of Aeronautics
- Aerial photo as of May 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for CDR, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport: