Chaffey High School
|Chaffey High School|
|Gardiner W. Spring Auditorium|
|1245 North Euclid Avenue
Ontario, California 91762
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Chaffey Joint Union High School District|
|Principal||Ms. Dawn Buboltz|
Orange and Black
Chaffey High School is a public high school in Ontario, California. It is one of the eleven schools of the Chaffey Joint Union High School District. The school rests on approximately 65 acres (260,000 m2), making it one of the largest high schools by area in California.
The Chaffey College of Agriculture, founded by the Ontario founders George and William Chaffey, opened on October 15, 1885. The institution, which also had a secondary school, was operated by the University of Southern California until 1901, when it came under the control of the local community and was renamed Ontario High School. In 1911, enrollment was opened to students from Upland and the school was renamed in honor of the Chaffey brothers. Almost all the high school-age students in western San Bernardino County attended Chaffey, a trend that continued until the 1950s. The school's buildings were rebuilt and many new ones were constructed during the government public works programs of the New Deal. Chaffey College continued to operate on the campus until 1960, when it was relocated to the nearby community of Alta Loma.
 Theater Program
Chaffey High School has a highly elaborate theater program. Their past productions have included Little Shop of Horrors in 1997, Fools and Arsenic and Old Lace in 1998, The Wizard of Oz and The Diary of Anne Frank in 1999. In 2000, they performed A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. In 2001, they did The Foreigner and West Side Story. Grease and Les Miserables in 2002, Big River and A Christmas Carol in 2003, Fiddler on the Roof and Cinderella in 2004, Peter Pan and Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 2005. In 2006, they performed The Wizard of Oz again AND Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. In 2007, they did a production of The Music Man that was named by USA Weekend Magazine as the Nation's Best High School Musical. That same year, they did the first ever staged production of Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. In 2008, they produced Disney’s High School Musical and Disney’s Aladdin, Jr. In 2009, they reproduced Peter Pan and Fiddler on the Roof. In 2010, they performed The Sound of Music and Camp Rock the Musical. In 2011, they produced Guys and Dolls and Phantom of the Opera which will play during the beginning of December. Chaffey was the first ever school to perform Camp Rock the Musical, due to them being the first when they got a chance to be on Disney Channel's segment Disney's 365. They will be performing Disney's "The Little Mermaid, Jr." in the December of 2012. MGM movie "The Wizard of Oz" will be performed in May 2013.
- Astronomical Society
- Ballet Folklórico Tenochtitlan
- Black Student Union
- California Scholarship Federation
- French club
- United States Academic Decathlon
- Fashion Club
- Forensic Science Club
- Science Club
- Naval Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps
- Anime Club
- Christian Club
- Art Club
- Interact CLub
 Notable alumni
- Hobie Alter, surfing and sailing entrepreneur
- Jim Brulte, California Assemblyperson
- Bob Doll, professional basketball player
- Stewart Donaldson, Author, psychologist, evaluation research scientist
- Alan Haskvitz, National Teacher's Hall of Fame educator
- Anthony Muñoz, professional American football player, 1998 Football Hall of Fame inductee
- Robert Shaw, conductor
- Joseph Wambaugh, fiction author
- "Chaffey High School (official site)". Chaffey Joint Union High School District. 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-27.
- "School Accountability Report Card" (PDF). Chaffey High School. 2006. Retrieved 2007-04-27.[dead link]
- "2006-2007 Accountability Progress Reporting (APR)". 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-27.
- "Chaffey High School Thespian Website". David Masterson. 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-09.