||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2007)|
|Village and Mandal|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Machilipatnam|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Avanigadda|
Challapalli is located at  It has an average elevation of 7 metres (22 ft)..
- Total Population: 58,705 in 15,864 Households.
- Male Population: 26,885 and Female Population: 26,928
- Children Under 6-years of age: 5,911 (Boys - 2,976 and Girls - 2,935)
- Total Literates: 33,334
Challapalle town has a population of 15,423 in 2011.
Villages in Challapalli Mandal
After the reform in the Tauluka System in 1982, Challapalli Mandal was created from the Divi Thaluka. Challapalli village is a historical village and business center. Before the Independence Challapalli was ruled by Zamindars. The Fort of Challapalli is more than 400 years old. Agriculture, largely sugar, is the primary industry in this area, and there is still a large sugar refinery in the town, currently operating under the business name KCP Sugars. The Mandal contains one aided S.R.Y.S.P. Junior College and Sri Vivekananda Degree College. The town is 25 kilometres from the Machilipatnam Railway Station which is a district headquarters and 55 km from the Vijayawada airport. The long standing tradition of ringing the fort's bell on the hour every hour in order to allow the villagers to keep track of time is continued even now. Locals believe that there was an underground way from the Fort to the Kanaka Durga Temple in Vijayawada.
There are historical places like Ghantasala, Avanigadda, Hamsala divi, Pedakalle palli, Mopidevi, Srikakulam, Movva, Kuchipudi near to this village. The fort in this village is one of the main forts in Krishna district.
The history of Challapalli Zamindars is unclear as it is not known whether they are hereditary rulers of the land or got the land from the then Nizam. The famous fort of challapalli was built in the 18th century as the capital of Devarkota Estate and the town developed around the palace. It remains as a great example of Andhra architecture to this very day. The last crowned monarch of Challapalli was Srimanthu Raja Yaralagadda Shivaram Prasad Bahadur Garu (1906–76). His children and grandchildren the Royal household continue to reside in the palace.
List of villages
- Patha Majeru
- Raavivari palem
- Kummari Palem
There are a good number of Educational Institutions are here such as -
- Vijayasri Sunflower Public School
- Sri Sunflower College Of Engineering And Technology
- Sunflower degree college
- Sri Sarada Sunflower junior College
- Vijaya Convent
- Nagarjuna Public School
- Challapalli Public School
- Vidodhaya Public School
- Vijaya Jr College.
- Vivekananda Degree College
- SRYSP Jr. College
- St. Mother Theresa E.M High School
- Varadha Ramalingaiah Elementary School
- Vijaya Kranthi Jr.college
- Sri chaithanya(Techno)School
Different Institutions are available for Distance Education
The first Anglo-Indian school by name Tims Excelsior English Medium School was established in the year 1976 by Henry Neville Tims in this little hamlet then. Unfortunately, it no longer exists now.
⟨⟩ Akshaya Book shop and xerox, opp Anjaneya temple ⟨⟩ naveen fancy ⟨⟩ Anjaneya book shop ⟨⟩ Lakshmi narayana fancy
There are 4 theatres which are always ready to entertain the moviegoers list of theatres include:
- Sagar (DTS)
- Komala (DTS)
- Kamal (DTS)
- Laxmi (first theatre in village)
LakshmiJyothi internet center,Near kamal takies,ramanagaram,ph: 08671-222552, setwin computers, Carrer Computers, Komal Info tech, B.S.K Computers devi cell point&net center in frount of the N.T.R stachu lakshmipuram.08671225322
State Bank of India
State Bank of Hyderabad
Krishna District Credit co-operation (KDCC) Bank
- Harsha Digitals, Near Bus Stand, Challapalli
- SIRI Digital Colour Lab, Near Police Station, PSR Street, Challapalli, 9866125754
- Priyanaka Studio, Near Bus Stand, Challapalli
- Swapna Studio, Main Road, Challapalli
- Subbu Studio, Opp. Bus Stand, Challapalli
- Jabilli Studio, Opp. Bus Stand, Challapalli
- Pujitha Studio, Opp. Bus Stand, Challapalli
- Srinivasa Studio, Main Road, Challapalli
- Challapalli at Fallingrain.com
- Challapalle mandal at Our Village India.org
- Challapalle village at Our Village India.org
- "Villages in Challapalli Mandal". Retrieved 2007-02-22.
- Challapalli Village And Zamindar Challapalli Village And Zamindar Details