Challenge 2 film poster
|Directed by||Raja Chanda|
|Produced by||Srikant Mohta and Mahendra Soni of Shree Venkatesh Films|
|Written by||NK Salil|
|Music by||Jeet Ganguly
|Editing by||Rabi Ranjan Maitra, Jahidul Islam Shuvo|
|Studio||Shree Venkatesh Films|
|Running time||155 minutes|
Challenge 2 is a 2012 Bengali action film directed by Raja Chanda starring Dev and Pooja Bose in lead roles. The film is not a sequel to the 2009 Bengali film Challenge; it contains a very different storyline. Major parts of the movie were shot in Malaysia, Dubai and Mumbai besides Kolkata. This is the most expensive movie made so far in Tollywood with a budget of 140 million. Challenge 2 is a remake of 2011 Telugu film Dookudu, directed by Srinu Vaitla and starring Mahesh Babu and Samantha.
IPS Officer Abhiraj Roy a.k.a Abhi (Dev) is a daring super-cop in Mumbai. He is on a mission to apprehend a mafia don, Guru Nayak (Ashish Vidyarthi), who is involved in illegal drug trade, extortion, and arms trafficking. His father, Debraj Roy (Tapas Paul), who was a politician driven by idealistic values and a sense of social service, met with a fatal accident. It is later revealed that Debraj actually survived the accident but ended up in a state of coma. However, this truth is hidden by their family from the people. Abhi maintains a low profile to catch Guru Nayak. In an undercover operation in Malaysia, Abhi gets hold of Guru Nayak's brother Bunty (Surajit Sen). Later, it is revealed that one corrupt businessman, Apurba Ghosh (Dipankar Dey), was the mastermind behind Debraj's accident.
Abhi falls in love with a girl Pooja Bakshi (Pooja Bose), a fashion designer, who he meets in Malaysia. She is the daughter of Abhi's boss Ajit Bakshi (Rajatava Dutta), a cop who reports to the police commissioner (Bharat Kaul) in Mumbai city. When Debraj comes out of the coma, doctors advise his family that he is at risk if he encounters or hears anything upsetting, disturbing, or shocking. Abhi hides the events surrounding Debraj's accident. He even hides his profession, as it was Debraj's dream to see his son as a politician revered by people. Abhi shifts his family to Debraj's previously abandoned mansion, which is now being used for filmmaking.
Abhi creates a dummy political set-up at this mansion. In the guise of a reality television program, Abhi tricks an aspiring but unsuccessful film actor Swarnakamal (Kharaj Mukherjee), as well as another unsuccessful actor Premjit (Subhasish Mukherjee). Abhi keeps this drama under wraps from his father, by making him believe that Abhi is now an M.L.A. revered by people fulfilling Debraj's wishes. He also gets engaged with his love Pooja, to make Debraj happy. The rest of the plot reveals the politician-criminal nexus behind Debraj's accident and Abhi's retaliation over the political corruptions of the villains. 
- Dev as IPS Officer Abhiraj Roy a.k.a. Abhi
- Pooja Bose as Pooja Bakshi
- Tapas Paul as Debraj Roy
- Ashish Vidyarthi as Guru Nayak
- Kharaj Mukherjee as Swarnakamal
- Rajatava Dutta as Mudhushudhon Bakshi
- Surajit Sen as Bunty
- Dipankar Dey as Apurba Ghosh
- Laboni Sarkar as Pooja's mother
- Bharat Kaul as Police Commissioner
- Raj Chakraborty as film director (cameo)
- Subhasish Mukherjee as Premjit
- Tulika Basu
- Biswanath Basu
- Jahidul Islam Shuvo
The film released on 19 October 2012 (Durga panchami) just before the Durga Pujo weekend in 270 theatres across India including West Bengal, Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Bihar, Assam, Tripura, Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh and is being screened in both single screen and multiplexes. According to Producer Mr. Mahendra Soni – this is the first time a non-double-version Bengali flick has been released in 270 theatres across the country and continues its successful run in the non-niche segment of core viewers outside Bengal. The production house Shree Venkatesh Films is also planning to screen Challenge 2 abroad for the Indian diaspora by the end of this year.
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Shree Venkatesh Films – V Music|
|Producer||Shree Venkatesh Films|
The soundtrack of the film was scored by Jeet Ganguly and Savvy Gupta.
|1||"Challenge Nibi Na Sala"||Suraj Jagan||4:20||Jeet Ganguly||Prasenjit Mukherjee|
|2||"Police Chorer Preme Poreche"||Abhijeet Bhattacharya & Akriti Kakkar||4:11||Jeet Ganguly||Raja Chanda|
|3||"Elo Je Maa Durga Maa"||Abhijeet Bhattacharya & Shreya Ghoshal||5:07||Jeet Ganguly||Priyo Chattopadhyay|
|4||"Pyaar Ka Bukhar"||Suraj Jagan||3:22||Savvy Gupta||Savvy Gupta|
- "First Look: Dev in Challenge 2". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 24 August 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- "Bengali Films are remaking from South films". filmz24.com. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Challenge 2 Official Page". Facebook. 11 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-11.
- "Shree Venkatesh Films Official Page". Facebook. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "News 100 – 29th Oct 2012". youtube. 29 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Challenge 2: Bengali film released in 270 screens, sets a new record". ibnlive. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Challenge 2 released in 270 screens, sets record". Times of India. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Bengali film Challenge 2 released in 270 screens, sets record". Zee News. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- "Bengali film Challenge 2 released in 270 screens, sets record". Zee News. 29 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-01.