|Elevation||5 m (16 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 3212|
Champadanga is located at.
Champadanga has a population of 1,214
This is a rich agricultural area with several cold storages. Chief products are potato and rice.
Rabindra Mahavidyalaya, Champadanga High School, Naskarpur Netaji Prathamik Vidyalaya, Champadanga Bijay Krishna Uchcha Balika Vidyalaya, etc.
The Howrah-Amta line of Martin's Light Railways was opened up to Domjur in 1897, and to Amta in 1898. An extension from Bargachhia junction to Antpur was opened in 1904, and a further extension to Champadanga in 1908. The lines were in operation till their closure in 1971.
The new Howrah-Amta broad gauge line project, including the Bargachia-Champadanga branch line, was sanctioned in 1974-75. The first 24-km stretch of the section from Howrah to Bargachia was completed in 1984 by South Eastern Railway along with electrification, and commissioned soon after. The 6 km long Bargachhia-Munsirhat stretch was inaugurated in 2000. The Mahendralal Nagar-Amta section was finally opened in 2005. However, the Bargachhia-Champadanga branch line is yet to be completed. According to the reply to a parliamentary question in 2006, land to be provided free of cost by the State Government as per Memorandum of Understanding, was still to be handed over.
Champadanga area exchange with code 3212 serves: Begampur, Bhagabatipur, Champadanga, Chanditala, Dihi-badpur, Dwarhatta, Eksara, Gopinagar, Haripal, Harinkhola, Jangipara, Jinpur, Masat, Nalipur, Rajbalhat, Shaympur, and Tarakeswar. 
- "CENSUS DATA District Name :HUGLI(12) Block Name :Tarakeswar(0005)". Govt of West Bengal. Retrieved 2009-01-27.[dead link]
- "List of functioning Cold Storage of West Bengal District wise as on 18.01.07". West Bengal State Marketing Board. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- "Howrah District (1909)". IRFCA. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "Howrah-Amta-Bargachia Line". Retrieved 2009-01-27.[dead link]
- "Howrah-Amta BG line section inaugurated". The Hindu Business Line, 24 July 2000. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "Lalu remote-launches 2 S-E Rly projects". The Hindu Business Line, 1 January 2005. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "RAJYA SABHA UNSTARRED QUESTION NO 2689 TO BE ANSWERED ON 15.12.2006". Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "Adjacent Area Dialling Schemes". BSNL. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|