From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up champagne charlie in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Champagne Charlie may refer to:
- Charles Heidsieck, the French Champagne wine merchant who was originally called "Champagne Charlie"
- George Leybourne, introduced the song "Champagne Charlie" to the London music hall, and was himself thereafter often referred to as "Champagne Charlie"
- Charlie Nicholas, Scottish footballer nicknamed "Champagne Charlie"
- Charles Kennedy, the 1999 - 2006 leader of the UK Liberal Democrats, dubbed "Champagne Charlie" by the press
- "Champagne Charlie" (song), a popular music hall song from the 19th century
- Champagne Charlie (play), a play that reflects the 1860s London music hall rivalry between George Leybourne and Alfred Vance
- Champagne Charlie (film), a 1944 British musical film, based on the play
- Champagne Charlie (album), a 1978 album by American singer Leon Redbone
- Champagne Charlie (TV series), a 1989 French-Canadian drama television series about Charles Heidseick
- Champagne Charlie (biography), a 1982 biography by French author Joseph Henriot about Charles Heidseick
- Champagne Charlie (2011 biography), The Heaviest of Swells by Christopher Beeching DCG Publications 2011
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.