Champlain College Saint-Lambert
|Champlain College Saint-Lambert|
|Established||September, 1972 |
|Location||Saint-Lambert, Quebec, Canada|
|Sports teams||Champlain Cavaliers|
silver ;blue , black
|Affiliations||ACCC, CCAA, QSSF, AUCC,|
Brandmark and crest images © Champlain Regional College
Champlain College Saint-Lambert is the Champlain Regional College campus serving the Greater Montreal Area. The campus is located in the city of Saint-Lambert, Quebec, Canada on Montreal's south shore. Like the other campuses of Champlain Regional College, the Saint-Lambert campus is an English-language public post-secondary institution.
In 1967, several institutions were merged and became public ones, when the Quebec system of CEGEPs was created.
The CEGEP offers two types of programs: pre-university and career. The pre-university programs, which take two years to complete, cover the subject matters which roughly correspond to the additional year of high school given elsewhere in Canada in preparation for a chosen field in university. The career programs, which take three-years to complete, applies to students who wish to pursue a skill trade. In addition Continuing Education and services to business are provided to the local community.
 Pre-University Programs
- International Baccalaureate - Enriched Sciences Option
- Science Program - Pure & Applied Sciences Option
- Science Program - Computer Science and Mathematics
- Science Program - Health Sciences Option
- Explorations Science
- Social Science - Choice Option
- Social Science - Commerce Option
- Social Science - Education Option
- Social Science - Criminology Option
- Social Science - Psychology Option
- Social Science - World Studies Option
- Creative Arts, Languages & Literature - Creative Arts Option
- Creative Arts, Languages & Literature - Modern Languages Option
- Liberal Arts
 Career Programs
- Advertising Management (Business Management)
- Sport Marketing & Management Option (Business Management)
- Graphic Communications Option (Office Systems Technology)
- Tourism Management Option (Tourism)
- Programming for Web, Multimedia & Business (Computer Science)
- Nursing (as of Fall 2011)
 Extracurricular activities
Champlain College is home to many extracurricular activities, with monthly events such as food festivals, barbecues, fashion shows, ski trips and variety shows. Students are encouraged to participate in organizing these activities, and the majority of after-school activities are student-run, such as the re-established school newspaper. The CSA (Champlain Student's Association) is one way in which students can get involved, as part of school politics with organisational and management responsibilities. At registration, 10 dollars of the registration fee is provided to the CSA to stimulate student activities on campus. Club rooms are provided on a yearly basis to organizations that present an adequate membership list and a constitution to the CSA. The college boasts a large gathering area in the very center of the campus called "The Bandring" where shows are held. "The Bandring" also features pool tables and a student radio station. At Champlain, sports are also a very popular extracurricular activity. The school hosts the "Midnight Madness" intramural sports night on a weekly basis where students literally play various sports until midnight.
 Sports Success
Champlain Saint-Lambert hosted the 2008 CCAA Canadian National Men's Basketball Championship. Champlain's sports department is known nationally for its basketball program. They have done very well, winning provincials and coming top 3 many times national wise. The cavaliers (coaches, players and team manager) also work really hard on their academics. The staff and players get well recognized for its balanced efforts and get offers in many universities throughout the United States and Canada. The soccer team won the CCAA National Championship in 2007.
 See also
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Champlain College Saint-Lambert|