|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||ISO 3166-2:IN|
Chandannagore subdivision is a subdivision of the Hooghly district in the state of West Bengal, India. It consists of Chandannagar municipal corporation and three municipalities (Bhadreswar, Champdani and Tarakeswar) and three community development blocs: Haripal, Singur and Tarakeswar. The three blocks contain 41 gram panchayats and one census town. The subdivision has its headquarters at Chandannagar.
Apart from the Chandannagar municipal corporation and three municipalities of Bhadreswar, Champdani and Tarakeswar, the subdivision contains one census town and rural areas of 41 gram panchayats under three community development blocs: Haripal, Singur and Tarakeswar. The only census town is: Singur.
Rural area under Haripal block consists of 15 gram panchayats, viz. Alipur Kashipur, Haripal Kingkarbati, Nalikul Purba, Pyantra, Bandipur, Haripal Sahadev, Narayanpur Bahirkhanda, Sripatipur Ilipur, Chandanpur, Jejur, Dwarhatta, Kaikala, Paschim Gopinathpur, Haripal Ashutosh and Nalikul Paschim. There is no urban area under this block. Haripal police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Khamarchandi.
Rural area under Singur block consists of 16 gram panchayats, viz. Anandanagar, Basubati, Gopalnagar, Singur–I, Bagdanga Chinamore, Beraberi, Kamarkundu Gopalnagar Daluigachha, Singur–II, Bainchipota, Bighati, Mirzapur Bankipur, Balarambati, Bora, Baruipara Paltagarh, Borai Pahalampur and Nasibpur. Urban area under this block consists of one census town: Singur. Singur and Bhadreswar police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is in Singur.
Rural area under Tarakeswar block consists of ten gram panchayats, viz. Ashtara Dattapur, Bhanjipur, Naita Malpaharpur, Talpur, Baligori–I, Champadanga, Purba Ramnagar, Baligori–II, Kesabchak and Santoshpur. There is no urban area under this block. Tarakeswar police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is in Tarakeswar.
- The area under the Chandannagar municipal corporation and the Bhadreswar municipality will form the Chandannagar assembly constituency of West Bengal.
- The Champdani municipality will be part of the area defining the Champdani assembly constituency.
- Thirteen gram panchayats under the Singur block—Anandanagar, Bagdanga Chinamore, Baruipara Paltagarh, Beraberi, Bighati, Bainchipota, Bora, Borai Pahalampur, Gopalnagar, Mirzapur Bankipur, Nasibpur, Singur–I and Singur–II—will be part of the Singur assembly constituency.
- The other three gram panchayats under the Singur block, viz. Balarambati, Basubati and Kamarkundu Gopalnagar Daluigachha, along with the area under the Haripal block will form the area defining the Haripal assembly constituency.
- The Tarakeswar block and the municipal area under Tarakeswar will be part of the Tarakeswar assembly constituency.
- The Champdani constituency will be an assembly segment of the Sreerampur (Lok Sabha constituency).
- The constituencies of Singur and Chandannagar will be assembly segments of the Hooghly (Lok Sabha constituency).
- The constituencies of Haripal and Tarakeswar will be assembly segments of the Arambag (Lok Sabha constituency), which will be reserved for Scheduled castes (SC) candidates.
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 2008-03-19. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns( Municipal Corporation,Municipality,Notified Area and Cantonment Board) , Census Towns and Outgrowths, West Bengal, 2001". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "List of Districts/C.D.Blocks/ Police Stations with Code No., Number of G.Ps and Number of Mouzas". Census of India, Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Hooghly district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-26.
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. pp. 16,24–25. Retrieved 2009-01-19.