Chandigarh district is a city district in the UT of Chandigarh. There are 14 villages in Chandigarh district. There is one Zilla Parishad at district level, one Panchyat Samiti at block level and 12 Gram Panchayats at village levels.
Chandigarh district occupies an area of 114 square kilometres (44 sq mi),
According to the 2011 census Chandigarh district has a population of 1,054,686, roughly equal to the nation of Cyprus or the US state of Rhode Island. This gives it a ranking of 431st in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 9,252 inhabitants per square kilometre (23,960 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 17.1%. Chandigarh has a sex ratio of 818 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 86.43%.
Places of interest
- Mansa devi temple, Panchkula
- "Rural Development and Panchayat Department, Chandigarh Administration".
- Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Chandigarh". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. p. 1208. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Cyprus 1,120,489 July 2011 est."
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Rhode Island 1,052,567"
||Mohali district, Punjab|
|Mohali district, Punjab||Panchkula district, Haryana|
|Mohali district, Punjab|