|Elevation||246 m (807 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||+91 6591|
The natural Scenery in and around Chandil is unique and enchanting. It is surrounded by green mountains, hills, streams, rivers, the peace, pleasure and knowledge providing gifts of God, the Almighty on all sides.
It plays a vital role for the people of all the three blocks, including itself - Chandil, Ichagarh and Nimdih. It has a college, polytechnic institute, railway junction, telephone exchange and sub-divisional office. It is accessible to people because of the availability of communicational facilities here. The N.H.-33 and N.H.-32 pass through this town, leading to Ranchi, Jamshedpur and West Bengal respectively.
Chandil is located at  It has an average elevation of 246 metres (807 feet)..
As of 2011[update] India census, Chandil had a population of 4,347 with 2,265 males and 2,082 females. Males constitute 51.29% (2,265) of the population and females 48.71% . Chandil has an average literacy rate of 53.1%; with male literacy of 69.45% and female literacy of 35.89%.
A number of Hindi, Bengali, Urdu and English newspapers are published from the Jamshedpur city and circulated here. Out of these, Hindustan, Prabhat Khabar and Dainik Jagran happen to be among the most popular in terms of readership.
City centric TV programming is provided by the 24 hour news channel Sahara Samay(Jamshedpur) and several other video channels telecast by local cable operators.
Chandil has the following FM Radio Stations that play music
Big FM 92.7(Jamshedpur & Ranchi) Red FM 93.5 (Jamshedpur) Radio Dhoom 104.8 (Jamshedpur) Radio Mantra 91.9 (Ranchi) and vividh bharti 100.8 (Jamshedpur)
Place to visit
- Chandil Dam - Chandil Dam standing on the Subarnarekha River is a place of scenic beauty. This dam is one of the most visited places of jharkhand. The museum located close to the Chandil dam has scripts written on rocks,which are 2000 years old.
The multi-purpose chandil dam was built across the meeting place of both the rivers. The dam is 220 meter in height and the height of its water level is 190 meter from different places tourists coming from different parts of the country enjoy boating and the natural beauty in and around the dam.Chandil is famous for its importance in the field of tourism. The River Swarnarekha flows through this region. The Karkori River originating from the Hundru falls mingles with the Swarnarekha River here at chandil.
Best time to visit November to February.The dam with a vast water reservoir, is a great place to spend a winter afternoon.The serene ambience by the still waters becomes suddenly alive with the cacophony of a wide variety of chirping birds. The lake is often intercepted by a whizzing speed boat or by a lazy shikara.
- Jayda Temple - An Ancient Temple of Lord Shiva, one of the pilgrimage of Jharkhand. Situated on the way to Ranchi-Tata. A Fair held every year on the eve of Makar Sankranti.
- SAI BABA Temple(HUMID) - A Beautiful Temple of Lord SAI BABA Situated in the way to Ranchi-Tata.Famous religious temples like Sai Baba Temple standing for peace, universal brotherhood, utmost devotion towards God and Unity and integrity of the nation.
- MATHIA Temple-also known as Sadhu Baandh mathia is one of the centers of JUNA AKHADA. It is one of the ashrams of SWAMI PRAMANAND and has hosted many famous Hath Yogis.The only Rath Yatra of Chandil is organized by this temple.
- Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary -The Dalma mountains which are the crown of Chandil Block is the safe haven for many wild animals like Elephants, Deer, Wild Pigs, Sambhar & many species of birds and snakes. Dalma Wild Life Sanctuary is famous for Elephants and Deer.
- 5.Sheesh mahal Auditorium
- Banku Bihari Bag
Education and institution
- Singhbhum College Chandil
- S.S.+2 High School, Chandil
- Vivekananda International School, Chandil
- Dayawati Modi Public School, Chandil
- Holly Cross Berada Chandil
- Saraswati Shishu Vidya Mandir, Chandil
- Omi Memorial Public School, Chandil
- Sanskaar Play School, Chandil
- Broad View English School, Chandil
There are 125 Govt. Primary Schools & 82 Govt. Middle Schools in chandil
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chandil.|
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Chandil
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Chandil dam raises flooding fears". The Telegraph (Calcutta). July 18 , 2011. Retrieved 10 March 2012.