Chanditala I (community development block)
চণ্ডীতলা I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||92.92 km2 (35.88 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,800/km2 (4,600/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Sreerampur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chanditala, Jangipara|
Chanditala I (community development block) is an administrative division in Srirampore subdivision of Hooghly district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Chanditala police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Moshat.
Bhagabatipur, a constituent gram panchayat of Chanditala I block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Chanditala I block had a total population of 165,837, out of which 81,689 were males and 84,148 were females. Chanditala I block registered a population growth of 11.38 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Hooghly district was 15.72 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per the 2001 census, Chanditala I block had a total literacy of 52.75 per cent. While male literacy was 73.52 per cent, female literacy was 55.09 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Hooghly district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Hugli district". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Chanditala I". Local Self-government. Hooghly Zilla Parishad. Retrieved 2011-08-04.