Brisbane City Council, Queensland
|Location||15 km (9 mi) from Brisbane GPO|
|LGA(s)||Brisbane City Council|
|State electorate(s)||Electoral district of Chatsworth|
|Federal Division(s)||Division of Bonner|
Chandler was named after Sir John Beals Chandler and is a semi-rural suburb comprising almost entirely of areage residential properties. The suburb is close to major shopping precincts, Moreton Bay and Brisbane CBD.
In the 2011 Census the population of Chandler is 1,422, 50.4% female and 49.6% male.
The median/average age of the Chandler population is 42 years of age, 5 years above the Australian average.
78.9% of people living in Chandler were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were England 3.4%, New Zealand 2.3%, Italy 1%, Fiji 0.9%, India 0.8%.
85.2% of people speak English as their first language 2% Italian, 1.5% Greek, 0.9% Vietnamese, 0.5% Hindi, 0.4% Dutch.
- BMX Supercross Track
- Brisbane Aquatic Centre
- Chandler Arena (used for indoor soccer, basketball, badminton, volleyball, martial arts, and ballroom dancing)
- Chandler Velodrome
- Dry Diving Training Hall
- Gymnastics Training Hall
- State Weightlifting Centre
- fitness centre for cardio, weight training, aerobics and spinning
together with facilities such as an auditorium, accommodation and gardens.
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Chandler
- "Chandler". BRISbites. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 20 July 2008. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "Chandler". Our Brisbane. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 12 February 2008. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
|This article about a place in Brisbane is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|