Chandler Robbins Award
The ABA Chandler Robbins Award for Education/Conservation is an award given by the American Birding Association to an individual who has made significant contributions either to the education of birders or to bird conservation and the "management or preservation of habitats on which birds and birding depends." The award may also recognize efforts in both fields.
One of five awards presented by the ABA for contributions to ornithology, the award is named in honor of Chandler Robbins, who himself advanced both conservation and education. Robbins is author of an influential field guide to birds and the architect of the North American Breeding Bird Survey.
The award was first bestowed on Ted Lee Eubanks.
List of recipients
Since the award's inception in 2000, there have been 13 recipients.
|2000||Ted Lee Eubanks|
|2003||David N. Pashley|
|2008||Richard M. Daley||For his "innovative and far-reaching agenda in Chicago to create and promote a bird-friendly environment in an urban area."|
- American Birding Association. "American Birding Association Awards". Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- American Birding Association. "ABA Award Recipients". Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Manomet Center for Conservation Sciences. "Charles Duncan". Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- HarperCollins Publishers. "Author: Jerome A. Jackson". Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- World Land Trust (6 December 2011). "Prestigious award for Dr Robert Ridgely". Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "2008 ABA Award Winners". Winging It 20 (2): 6. April 2008.
- Institute for Bird Populations (March 2011). "Chandler Robbins Education and Conservation Award". MAPS Chat (11): 2. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Mel Tansill (31 May 2011). "American Birding Association Presents its 2011 Chandler Robbins Award to Riderwood Retirement Community Resident Don Messersmith". Silver Spring Patch. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy (4 June 2012). "Joe Coleman Receives American Birding Association Award". Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Playa Lakes Joint Venture (April 2013). "Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory Takes the Silver: Celebrating 25 Years of Bird and Habitat Conservation". Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- Bliss, Karen (16 April 2014). "Kinslow named Conservation Educator of the Year, wins Chandler Robbins national award". SouthCountyMail.com (Rogersville, MO). Retrieved 23 July 2014.