Chang'an Flower (Chinese: 长安花; pinyin: chang'an hua) is the mascot of the Xi'an China International Horticultural Exposition 2011 which is to be held in Xi'an, China in 2011. The sculpture of Chang'an Flower was unveiled October 10, 2010—200 days before the start of the expo.
Chang'an Flower is shaped like a pomegranate, which is the city flower of Xi'an—formerly known as Chang'an in ancient times. The name Chang'an implies bringing long lasting good luck and health to people.
The flower was created to show the harmonious relationship that human beings share with the nature. It is composed of several natural petals. It reflects the native features in Xi'an. The cartoon facial expression shows the Flower's friendliness, and its big eyes show its happiness to see all the tourists. It also has a cute and chubby body to show that it lives a good harmonious life, and it is always waving its hands to show it really expects you to come to see it.
- "2011西安世界园艺博览会(世园会)". Huanqiu.com. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- Updated: 2011-03-24 (2011-03-24). "Emblem: Chang'an Flower". Chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- Opening dates:2011/04/28-2011/10/22 Today:247 Days Left (2011-04-28). "Sculpture of Expo mascot- Chang'an Flower lands in Xi'an today - Official website of Int’l Horticultural Expo. 2011 Xi'an". En.expo2011.cn. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- "Chang’an pomegranete flower". China Twenty-One. 2011-03-29. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- "2011 World Expo Emblem - Chang'an Flower, City Flower of Xian". Visitourchina.com. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- "2011西安世界园艺博览会". Expo2011xa.com. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "2011西安世界园艺博览会_新浪世园_新浪网". Expo2011.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
|This article about a sports, promotional, or other mascot is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|