Change (Hotel FM song)
|Single by Hotel FM|
|Writer(s)||Gabriel Băruţă, Alexandra Ivan|
|Hotel FM singles chronology|
"Change" is a pop song written by Gabriel Băruţă alongside Alexandra Ivan and performed by the band Hotel FM.
The song was elected to represent Romania in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011. "Change" has won the National Selection (promoted as Revelion cu Eurovision) on the New Year's Day, on 1 January 2011, after taking part in the Contest, on 31 December 2010.
The song received a total of 22 points, out of the maximum of 24. It was performed the penultimate, being the 12th song of the evening. In January 2011, the song was performed at PRO TV's main enternaining show - "Happy Hour". The band Hotel FM confirmed an adjacent music video for the entry in early February. "Change" is going to be performed at one of the two semi-finals in May, 2011. Eventually, it was decided by EBU that Romania will compete in the second half of the second semi-final, on May 12, 2011.
On 31 January 2011, during a press conference, the band stated that they are going to re-orchestrate the song, adding natural instruments sound, such as Drums, piano or violin. During the same press conference, Hotel FM confirmed that the official music video for their entry is still to be filmed. The TVR crew is still searching for the best video concept. Also, they confirmed a promo tour trough Europe, including some cities such as: London, Rome, Brussels, Budapest, Athens, Sofia or Chişinău. On April 9, the band is scheduled to perform along with other big Romanian names in a concert that will be broadcast worldwide by TVR International.
Critical response 
Music video 
The music video started being filmed on February 16, 2011, at the Bran Castle. The directors for the music video are Dan Manoliu and Edi Schneider, who had previously directed the last year's Romanian entry, "Playing with Fire". The video was posted on March 12, 2011 on the TVR official site, and also played on TVR starting with March 14, 2011. It includes a few special effects and shootings in the tele-cab and in snowed fields, promoting ones of Romania's natural treasures, under the logo of "Explore the Carpathian Garden".
- Hotel FM for Eurovision
- +in+Romania Hotel FM victorious in Romania
- ele.ro (2010-12-31). "Revelion cu Eurovision - TVR 1 - Romanesti - 2010-12-31". Programtv.ele.ro. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- Bakker, Sietse (30 June 2010). "Final of Eurovision 2011 set for 14 May, Lena returns!". EBU. Retrieved 30 June 2010.
- Bakker, Sietse (31 December 2010). "43 nations on 2011 participants list!". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Trupa Hotel FM : conferinta de presa cu live report pe Facebook". Ecomunicate.ro. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- Busa, Alexandru (31 January 2011). "Romania: Hotel FM holds press conference in Bucharest". EscToday. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- Music Video
- "EUROVISION 2011 Hotel FM a promovat melodia Change în Bulgaria și Moldova". Adevarul.ro. 2011-03-01. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Hotel FM, in turneu de promovare prin Europa - CAON". Caon.ro. 2011-03-09. Retrieved 2012-02-09.