This article is about the Hall & Oates album. For the Dream Theater album, see A Change of Seasons
. For the song by the Matthew Good Band, see Underdog
Change of Season is the fourteenth studio album from Daryl Hall & John Oates, released in 1990. The lead single "So Close" was co-written with Jon Bon Jovi and Danny Kortchmar, and hit a high of No. 11 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was the second and final album for Arista.
- Side 1
- "So Close" (Daryl Hall, George Green, with additional music by Jon Bon Jovi and Danny Kortchmar) - 4:40
- "Starting All Over Again" (Phillip Mitchell) - 4:06
- "Sometimes a Mind Changes" (Hall) - 4:09
- "Change of Season" (John Oates, Bobby Mayo) - 5:43
- "I Ain't Gonna Take It This Time" (Hall) - 3:55
- "Everywhere I Look" (Hall) - 4:24
- Side 2
- "Give It Up (Old Habits)" (Terry Britten, Graham Lyle) - 4:02
- "Don't Hold Back Your Love" (Richard Page, Gerald O'Brien, David Tyson) - 5:14
- "Halfway There" (Hall) - 5:31
- "Only Love" (Oates, Jo Cang) - 4:37
- "Heavy Rain" (David A. Stewart) - 5:26
- "So Close (Unplugged version)" - 4:54
- Production Coordination: David Barratt
- Tracks 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10 Arranged & Produced By Daryl Hall, John Oates & T-Bone Wolk. Recorded & Mixed By Larry Alexander; Assistant Engineer: Pete Moshay. Mixed By Joe Pirrera
- Track 1 Produced By Danny Kortchmar & Jon Bon Jovi; Engineered By Ross Hogarth; Mixed By Paul Lani
- Track 7 Produced By Ric Wake; Arranged By Ric Wake & Daryl Hall. Engineered & Mixed By Bob Cadway; Assistant Engineers: Dan Hetzel & Thomas R. Yezzi
- Track 8 Produced By Dave Tyson. Engineered By Kevin Doyle, David Knight, Greg Dromin, Tom Nellen, Charley Pollard, Andrew Raffi, Craig Portelis & Bill Molina. Mixed By Kevin Doyle
- Track 11 Produced By David A. Stewart & Daryl Hall. Engineered By Pete Moshay & Duane Seykora; Assistant Engineer: Pat McDougal. Mixed By Brian Malouf
- Mastered By Bob Ludwig
- Daryl Hall: lead and backing vocals, acoustic piano, synthesizers, keyboards, electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, mandola, tambourine
- John Oates: lead and backing vocals, electric and acoustic guitars, bongos, clay drum
- Tom "T-Bone" Wolk: electric and acoustic guitars, bass guitar, Wurlitzer piano, percussion, tambourine, backing vocals
- Jimmy Ripp: electric and acoustic guitars
- Bobby Mayo: backing vocals, Hammond B-3 organ, synthesizers, keyboards
- Charlie DeChant: saxophone
- Mike Braun: drums, percussion
- Jimmy Bralower: Akai MPC-60 drum programming
- Mike Klvana: additional synth programming
- Pete Moshay: sequencing, programming, tambourine
- Kenny Aronoff, Pat Mastellotto, Joe Franco: drums, percussion
- Waddy Wachtel, Danny Kortchmar, Bob Cadway, Buzz Feiten, Michael Thompson, David A. Stewart: additional guitars
- Randy Jackson, Doug Stegmeyer, Bob Glaub: bass buitar
- Dave Tyson: keyboards, bass guitar
- Benmont Tench, Rich Tancredi, Dean Kraus: keyboards
- Eileen Ivers, Regis Iandorio: violins
- Jesse Levy: cello
- Olivia Koppell: viola
- String arrangements by Arif Mardin
- Susie Davis: backing vocals
- "So Close"
- "She's Gone (Live May 3rd, 1990)"
- "Can't Help Falling In Love"
- "So Close (Unplugged)"
- "Everywhere I Look"
- "Sometimes a Mind Changes"
- "I Can't Go For That (Ben Liebrand Remix)" - 6:22
- "Don't Hold Back Your Love" (Promotional CD)
- "Don't Hold Back Your Love (Single Version)"
- "Don't Hold Back Your Love (Album Version)"
- Starting All Over Again (Promotional CD)
- "Starting All Over Again (Radio Mix)"
- "Starting All Over Again (Unplugged Version)"